The General Fraternity disclosed the possibility of starting a DU Chapter on the K-State campus in 1955. The Colony started with 11 men whom the Dean of Students had screened from 231 applicants. The group had its first meeting on Feb. 15, 1955 and was known thereafter as the 1834 Club. The 1834 Club ranked second in scholarship its first semester. They moved into a house at 1642 Fairchild and during this time the club earned the Favorite Man on Campus honor. They also placed second in homecoming decorations.
After less than one year at K-State, the 1834 Club had made such unprecedented progress that it was installed into the International Fraternity on November 17, 1956. DU doubled in size its first year but lost its lease on the house. It moved to temporary quarters and began planning the house we live in today. By 1959, enough capital was raised, loans were obtained, and construction had begun at 1425 University Drive. DU received the Most Outstanding Young Chapter award and moved into the house by December - a truly remarkable achievement.
In 1999, the Kansas State Chapter added a 1.7 million-dollar expansion to its chapter. The house now has a capacity of 82 members and is one of the largest chapters on campus. It consistently ranks near the top in academics, athletics, homecoming, reputation, and campus involvement. Today Delta Upsilon is one of a handful of strictly dry houses on campus. As a non-secret organization, Delta Upsilon invites not only its members, but also the community to attend its chapter meetings and initiation ceremony.
Delta Upsilon International Fraternity
All facts are from the North-American Interfraternity Conference website.