What do I need to bring with me to the dorms?
• A pillow. The ones provided are not very comfortable
• Clothes and Laundry detergent as needed
• Toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste etc)
• Sheets and blankets are provided. You will sleep on extra-long twin bed
What supplies will I need during the day?
• Folders to hold hand-outs
• A notebook or laptop computer to take notes
• An umbrella or a raincoat
• Good shoes for walking
• Bring a camera to take pictures of your trip!
Can I get a refund if I do not eat 3 meals a day?
Once you sign up for meals, they are not refundable. You may pay on a per meal basis as well: breakfast is $7, lunch $9, and dinner $12. Many teachers find that ordering in food or going to a local restaurant is more worthwhile.
What will the schedule look like?
On Monday we will start at 9 AM. An hour and a half for lunch and dinner will be provided. We will finish around 8 in the evening. Coaches will attend lectures, team judge practice debates, and spend time every day discussing lesson plans and teaching strategies.
What will we do for entertainment?
Aggieville with over 20 watering holes and 15 restaurants is within walking distance of the dorms. There is also a movie theatre, bowling alley, and a fine arts museum within a 5 minute drive.
Do I need to buy evidence separately?
All of the coaches will receive electronic copies of all of the evidence produced at the workshop.
If you have further questions about material, cost, supplies or other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Institute Director, Justin Green at email@example.com