Groups at Counseling Services
Summer 2015 Groups
General Process Group and Non-Traditional/Graduate Student Process Group will run during the summer.
- Mondays, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Mondays, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday Group (A Dramatization)
What are Groups?
Groups are students interacting with other students, sharing concerns with others in similar situations. At times student issues are most effectively explored in a safe and supportive environment where interaction occurs with others. Groups are designed to facilitate growth and skill development by focusing on concerns central to student life. Curious about what a group might look like? See the dramatization above.
Who can Attend?
The groups and workshops are open to all currently enrolled as K-State students. Make an appointment to talk about group with a counselor.
Why Choose Group Counseling?
Group counseling supports students' personal growth as they explore relationships and other issues such as: depression, anxiety, loss, diversity issues, relationship/communication skills, stress management, and life transitions. Through group counseling students will be able to identify with others who are experiencing similar concerns and increase their self-awareness in a safe, supportive, and confidential setting.
Benefits of group are:
- Provides multiple perspectives/ideas
- Decreases feelings of loneliness by seeing you are not alone
- Helps you to learn new relationship skills
- Provides a secure environment to practice new relationship skills
- A cost effective and beneficial treatment alternative to individual therapy
- A chance to help others while getting help
When groups are offered?
Groups are offered during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Is There a Charge?
There is a $7 charge for each group session.