Groups at Counseling Services
- Mondays, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m., General Process Group
- Tuesdays, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m., Trauma Recovery Group
- Thursdays, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m., General Process Group
- Fridays, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., General Process group
What are Groups?
Groups are students interacting with other students, sharing concerns with others in similar situations. At times student issues are most effectively explored in a safe and supportive environment where interaction occurs with others. Groups are designed to facilitate growth and skill development by focusing on concerns central to student life. Curious about what a group might look like? Click here to see a dramatization of a session.
Who can Attend?
The groups and workshops are open to all currently enrolled as K-State students. Make an appointment to talk about group with a counselor.
Why Choose Group Counseling?
Group counseling supports students' personal growth as they explore relationships and other issues such as: depression, anxiety, loss, diversity issues, relationship/communication skills, stress management, and life transitions. Through group counseling students will be able to identify with others who are experiencing similar concerns and increase their self-awareness in a safe, supportive, and confidential setting.
Benefits of group are:
- Provides multiple perspectives/ideas
- Decreases feelings of loneliness by seeing you are not alone
- Helps you to learn new relationship skills
- Provides a secure environment to practice new relationship skills
- A cost effective and beneficial treatment alternative to individual therapy
- A chance to help others while getting help
When groups are offered?
Groups are offered during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Is There a Charge?
There is a $7 charge for each group session.