Examples of crisis consultations provided by Counseling Services:
- assisting campus personnel with identifying students who may be distressed and outlining possible options to address issues,
- providing grief and loss teams to meet with groups who are affected by death or trauma,
- responding in a timely fashion to crises effecting the campus community.
Counselors are available during office hours to answer questions or consult about options. When appropriate, same day appointments for students in crisis may be offered. Call (785) 532-6927 and ask for the on-call counselor.
If you are seeking information about identifying students who may be distressed and/or making referrals to Counseling Services, check out our "Faculty and Staff as Helping Resources" brochure.
Consultation is offered to all personnel who influence the learning and development of K-State students. We are available to faculty, staff, administration, and student leaders to consult about issues that interfere with the learning process and to refer to resources on campus or the community that may be of assistance such as the Employee Relations Office in the Office of Human Resources at KSU, the Office of Academic Personnel in the Provosts Office, the Office of Institutional Equity, and others as appropriate.
Here are some examples of the types of consultation issues that have been presented in the past:
- improving work relationships and organizational functioning,
- helping with team-building,
- managing emotions in the workplace,
- building more effective communication skills,
- dealing with conflict,
- working with diversity.
Counseling Services consultants at times can collaborate with other campus offices to assist in some aspects of training to address these concerns.
Call (785) 532-6927 with your consultation request.