Copyright & Using Media in the Classroom
This module discusses using K-State Online or other classroom as a part of your course, whether it is a distance course or as a supplemental to face-to-face course. After watching this video you should:
- Understand that using copyrighted materials in an online classroom may be subject to stricter requirement than in face-to-face classes.
- Be familiar with finding best practices on using media in educational settings.
- Recognize that it is best to only use the necessary portions of a work for the class.
Practice questions are available to quiz yourself after viewing the video.
1. Fair Use exemption may be applied in both a physical classroom and a secure online classroom.
2. It is beat to use only the portion of a work necessary to teach your course.