IRB Training Modules
Online Training is required prior to IRB application approval.
Training requirements have recently changed!
Online training is now offered through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program, and is mandatory for all persons prior to approval of an IRB protocol. The online training program is targeted for procedures specific to your proposed activity.
Do not hesitate to contact URCO with any questions about this registration process, at 532-3224 or email@example.com.
How to complete CITI training:
|Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/|
- Under "Create an account," choose "Register"
- Select "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Enter your name and email address. Use your K-state email as your primary email address. Enter a secondary email address.
- Create your username and password (not case sensitive), then enter optional demographic information.
- CITI offers an option for learners to receive Continuing Education credits for a fee. If you are interested in paying for CE credits, select yes when asked, otherwise, select no.
- After completing all requested information on the next page (contact information, research role, eID, etc.), you will arrive at a page that asks about research activities.
- Answer Question 2: Human Subjects Research and Question 5: Export Compliance (if employed full time).
- The answers to these questions will automatically enter you into the appropriate courses for your activities. Answer the questions to the best of your knowledge, using the IRB application form for guidance (see what boxes are checked under "Online Training"). If you are unsure how to answer a certain question, please contact URCO, 532-3224. Your choices are not final; you can update this checklist as needed later by clicking on, "Add a Course or Update Learner Groups" from your "Main Menu" which will return you to this checklist.
- When you click "Submit" you will be brought to your "Main Menu" which will contain your required courses under "Kansas State University Courses."
- Complete all required courses. Each course is made up of various modules, and each module should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. Prior to each course, CITI will prompt you to answer whether you’d like to complete a pre-course assessment (optional), and an Integrity Assurance Statement (required).
- If you prefer a visual demonstration of these instructions, see CITI’s instructions for New Learner Account Registration: http://citiprogram.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/163300-how-do-i-enroll-in-a-citi-course-for-the-first-time-?b_id=2337
Previous users (if you have accessed CITI in "demo" mode, or have previously used CITI at another institution):
- Login with your username and password.
- Once you reach your Main Menu, select, “Click here to affiliate with another institution,” then choose “Kansas State University” for your Organization Affiliation.
- Follow steps 6 through 11 above.