Export Compliance Training
Training requirements have recently changed!
Online training for Export Compliance is now offered through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program, and is Provost-mandated for all full time K-state faculty and staff.
Do not hesitate to contact URCO with any questions about the following registration process, at 532-3224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complete CITI training:
|Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/|
- Under "Create an account," choose "Register"
- Select "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Enter your name and email address. Use your K-state email as your primary email address. Enter a secondary email address.
- Create your username and password (not case sensitive), then enter optional demographic information.
- CITI offers an option for learners to receive Continuing Education credits for a fee. If you are interested in paying for CE credits, select yes when asked, otherwise, select no.
- After completing all requested information on the next page (contact information, research role, eID, etc.), you will arrive at a page that asks about research activities.
- Answer Question 5: Export Compliance.
- Checking this box will automatically enter you into the Export Compliance Course.
- When you click "Submit" you will be brought to your "Main Menu" which will contain your required courses under "Kansas State University Courses."
- Complete the required module and 3 out of 10 elective modules. Select the elective modules that most closely align with your research activities at K-state. Prior to each course, CITI will prompt you to answer whether you’d like to complete a pre-course assessment (optional), and an Integrity Assurance Statement (required).
- If you prefer a visual demonstration of these instructions, see CITI’s instructions for New Learner Account Registration: http://citiprogram.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/163300-how-do-i-enroll-in-a-citi-course-for-the-first-time-?b_id=2337
Previous users (if you have accessed CITI in "demo" mode, or have previously used CITI at another institution):
- Login with your username and password.
- Once you reach your "Main Menu," select, "Click here to affiliate with another institution," then choose "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Follow steps 6 through 11 above.