Export Compliance Training
Online training is offered through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program.
Compliance training must be updated every three years. Check CITI training due dates through your CITI account, or verify pre-CITI training by calling or emailing our office. Pre-CITI training is honored until expiration.
How to complete CITI training
- Under "Create an account," choose "Register"
- Select "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Enter your name and email address. Use your K-state email as your primary email address. Enter a secondary email address.
- Create your username and password, then enter optional demographic information.
- CITI offers an option for learners to receive Continuing Education credits for a fee. If you are interested in paying for CE credits, select yes when asked, otherwise, select no.
- After completing all requested information on the next page (contact information, research role, eID, etc.), you will arrive at a page that asks about research activities.
- Answer question 5: Export Compliance.
- Checking this box will automatically enter you into the Export Compliance Course.
- When you click "Submit," you will be brought to your "Main Menu" which will contain your required courses under "Kansas State University Courses."
- Complete Introduction to Export Compliance (ID: 16800). Prior to allowing you to access the course, CITI will prompt you to answer whether you’d like to complete a pre-course assessment (optional), and an Integrity Assurance Statement (required).
- If you prefer a visual demonstration of these instructions, see CITI’s instructions for establishing a New Learner Account.
Previous UsersIf you have accessed CITI in "demo" mode, or have previously used CITI at another institution, use the following instructions.
- Login with your username and password.
- Once you reach your "Main Menu," select, "Click here to affiliate with another institution," then choose "Kansas State University" for your Organization Affiliation.
- Follow steps 6 through 11 above.