Resource Management Council Meeting
Thursday November 15, 2001
Room 205 K-State Union
1:15 – 3:00 p.m.
- Tom Schellhardt opened the meeting.
He introduced the new members and thanked the outgoing members for
their service on the council. He
then turned the meeting over to the new chair, Laurel Littrell.
The minutes of September 27, 2001 were approved.
- Discussion Items
- Web-site Accessibility Update-Jane Rowlett gave a
presentation on web content accessibility. She indicated that the university had appointed a
committee charged with developing a plan to assure the university is in
compliance with state and federal guidelines relative to making content
posted on official university web sites accessible. Much discussion occurred relative to the definition of
an official university web site and how that might apply to courses or
course materials posted on a web site.
It was agreed that Tom Schellhardt, Jane Rowlett, and Cheryl
Strecker would meet with the Web Accessibility Committee to specifically
determine which sites would be affected by the legislation.
Rowlett indicated that IRMC would be asked to endorse a set of
guidelines relative to the University’s compliance.
- Authentication update--Harv Townsend indicated that
this project is funded and underway.
- Appointment of regular secretary for IRMC--Laurel
Littrell asked for volunteers to take monthly meeting minutes.
- Future of IRMC Committees—(Laurel Littrell)
- Committee Reports
- E-Commerce Issues and Practices Committee (Barb
- Appropriate Use of IT Resources (Gary Leitnaker)
- Education and Policy Promotion (Jean Darbyshire)
- Data Administration (David Hillier)
- Other Business
Thursday December 13, 2001
Fairchild 202, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m.