Scholarships and Awards
The Department of Chemistry is fortunate to have a substantial number of awards and scholarships available for our undergraduate students in addition to those funds provided by the University. Funds for these scholarships have been made possible thanks to generous contributions from K-State chemistry alumni and friends. A list of the Chemistry major specific scholarships can be found below.
For University wide scholarships well-qualified prospective students whose primary major will be chemistry are encouraged to apply for financial assistance. Contact Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for such scholarship information.
For Chemistry major specific scholarships incoming freshman should also list Chemistry as their primary major on their application form. If you do this then your name is forwarded to the Department and you will be considered for scholarships based upon your high school academic achievements. If you would like to apply for a financial need scholarship then you will also need to fill out this form (PDF). These forms are due on the 1st of February each year.
If you are an upperclassman Chemistry major and would like to apply for either or both academic and financial need scholarships please fill out this form (PDF). These forms are due on the 1st of June each year.
List of Undergraduate Chemistry Scholarships available and eligibility requirements:
- Dr. Duane L. and Virginia Eddy Barney Scholarship
- The Baldwin Reinhold Jr. Undergraduate Scholarship in Chemistry
- Future Chemists Scholarship
- George and Linda Hawks Scholarship Award in Chemistry
- Professor M. Dale and Janet Hawley Scholarship and Lecture Fund
- Georganne Fowler Hiser Chemistry Scholarship
- Dr. H.H. King Memorial Scholarship
- Jack and Betsy Lambert Scholarship
- Travis W. Miller Memorial Scholarship
- Herbert C. Moser Scholarship
- Joseph V. Paukstelis Memorial Chemistry Scholarship
- Jerry and Judy Reed Chemistry Scholarship
- Philip A. Vanwinkle Memorial Scholarship
- Richard James Vanwinkle Memorial Scholarship
- Isobel and Dale Smith Chemistry Scholarship
- Hospira Inc. Scholarship
- Branson Memorial Scholarship (shared with Chemical engineering)
- Dow Alumni Scholarship (Shared with Chemical Engineering)
- Freeman Scholarship (Even Years)
- Lenhert Excellence in Chemistry (administered by WESP program)
- Eugene E. Howe Scholarship
- Hach Scientific Foundation Chemistry Teacher Scholarship