Kansas State University is proud to have the Alpha Epsilon chapter of Phi Lambda Upsilon (PLU), the national Honorary Chemical Society. The chapter promotes chemistry through the sponsorship of scholarly and social activities.
Alpha Chi Sigma is a chemistry-based fraternity with both academic and professional branches. Don't let the term fraternity mislead you, we are co-ed. The best way to define the fraternity is through its objects:
- To bind its members with a tie of true and lasting friendship.
- To strive for the advancement of chemistry both as a science and as a profession.
- To aid its members by every honorable means in the attainment of their ambitions throughout their mortal lives.
Greetings from the KSU (Kansas State University) Local Section of the American Chemical Society. Our organization promotes public awareness of the chemical sciences through
- community outreach programs
- educational activities at all levels of instruction
- lectures for generalists and specialists
- enhancement of professional relations
The Johnson Center for Basic Cancer Research strives to be a positive influence on the education, training, and research activities of Kansas State University, and on the community as a whole. Our programs directly reflect our three primary goals to combat cancer through meaningful and groundbreaking basic research, promote excellence as we educate the cancer researchers of the future, and to educate about cancer and cancer research through public outreach. Our Research programs support the excellent cancer research taking place at K-State.