to Campus Map
to Yahoo Maps Directions | Alternate Link to Google Maps Directions
City airport (MCI) to Manhattan Holiday Inn or KSU Chemistry Department:
- How you leave the airport depends a little on where
you start (which car rental agency or parking lot) but you want to take
the airport exit and then get on I-29 heading NORTH toward St. Joseph
(not toward Kansas City). This involves making a sharp, >90° turn
across the median and it looks wrong, but it's OK.
- After about 3.5 miles, take the I-435 exit SOUTH (toward Topeka).
- After about 19 miles, take the I-70 Kansas Turnpike exit WEST (toward
Topeka). Part of this is a toll road, total cost $1.85.
- Stay on I-70, through Topeka and toward Denver. After
about 97 miles, take the K-177 exit NORTH (toward Manhattan).
about 8 miles the speed limit drops from 70 to 45 mph and you cross
the Kansas River. Go past the right-lane exit for K-18/K-24
and continue straight. You will end up on Pierre St. heading
west, passing numbered streets.
- Turn right (NORTH) on 17th Street. Go
straight through the traffic light at Poyntz and proceed another 4-5
blocks to the next light at Anderson.
- If you are going to the Holiday
Inn, it is on the right just before the light, on the SE corner of
17th and Anderson.
- If you are coming directly to campus, proceed straight through
the light at 17th and Anderson. There is an information
kiosk about a block in. Tell them you are a visitor to
the Chemistry Department and you should be given a free one-day
parking permit. They will also give you a map showing
where you can hunt for a space and showing the location of
Chemistry Building and King Hall. Parking is very
tight during the day, and you may have to park fairly far away.