- Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- No events scheduled today.
- Monday, November 2, 2009
- Landon Lecture: Sheila Bair, Chairman at the FDIC. 10:30 a.m., McCain Auditorium.
I am very pleased to announce that Sheila Bair, Chairman at the FDIC, has accepted our invitation to give a Landon Lecture.Sheila Colleen Bair was appointed as the Chairman of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) on June 26, 2006 by George W. Bush. In 2008, Forbes ranked her as the second most powerful woman in the world behind German chancellor Angela Merkel. Chairman Bair is from Independence, Kan. She received her bachelor's degree from the University of Kansas and a J.D. from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1978.
- Wednesday, November 4, 2009
- Volleyball: K-State vs. Texas A&M. 7 p.m., Ahearn Field House. Meet at 6 p.m. for a tour of the volleyball facility as well as meet and greet with the women's rowing and golf teams. See details.
- To purchase $3 tickets, fill out the questionaire and enter women as the password. Deadline is November 2. Students get in free with your K-State ID.
- Drop by the sign-in desk to pick up a button that will enable you to take tours, meet the teams and get a free brat. A section will be set aside for Women of K-State participants to sit together, cheer and network.
- RSVP your attendance by November 3.
- Thursday, November 19, 2009
- Beach Museum of Art Ladies Night: Holiday Origami Folding. 7 to 8:30 p.m., Beach Museum of Art. Participants will learn how to use origami to decorate for the holidays creating seasonal origami-like tree ornaments, gift tags and napkins. Admission is $10 and registration is required by calling 532-7718.
- Friday, November 20, 2009
- Women's Basketball: K-State vs. Washington State. 6 p.m. Legends Room, 7 p.m. Game, Bramlage Coliseum. Meet at 6 p.m. in the Legends Room on the North Concourse to tour the locker room, pre-game analysis with Coach Ethridge, free food and prizes.
- Tickets are $3. Purchase online by November 18.
- RSVP your attendance by November 18.
- Event Flier (.pdf).
This page lists events starting on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 and continuing for 31 days.