- Thursday, January 10, 2013
- No events scheduled today.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013
- Performance Series: A Chorus Line. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. In an empty theater, on a bare stage, casting for a new Broadway musical is almost complete. For 17 dancers, this audition is the chance of a lifetime. It's what they've worked for - with every drop of sweat, every hour of training, every day of their lives. It's the one opportunity to do what they've always dreamed: to have the chance to dance. This is "A Chorus Line," the musical for everyone who's ever had a dream and put it all on the line. Winner of nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical and the Pulitzer Prize for drama, the singular sensation returns for an all-new tour. Come meet the new generation of Broadway's best! Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Friday, February 1, 2013
- Performance Series: Sweet Honey In The Rock. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. The internationally renowned and Grammy-nominated a cappella ensemble, has been a vital and innovative presence in the music culture of Washington, D.C., and in communities of conscience around the world. Rooted in a deeply held commitment to create music out of the rich textures of African-American traditions, Sweet Honey In The Rock possesses a stunning vocal prowess that captures the complex sounds of blues, spirituals, traditional gospel hymns, rap, reggae, African chants, hip-hop, ancient lullabies and jazz improvisation. Sweet Honey's collective voice, occasionally accompanied by hand percussion instruments, produces a sound filled with soulful harmonies and intricate rhythms. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Friday, February 8, 2013
- Performance Series: Drumline Live. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. A showstopping attraction created by the music team behind 20th Century Fox's hit movie "Drumline," brings show-style marching bands to the theatrical stage. The energetic cast has honed its precision through years of training in historically black college and university marching band programs across the southern United States. This versatile group of musicians and dancers brings an explosive energy and athleticism to an eclectic mix of sounds. Equally at home with the hottest contemporary hip-hop, rhythm and blues, classic Motown tunes and the rousing sounds of the great brass tradition, "DRUMLine Live" is thrilled to share the American marching band experience with a wider audience. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
This page lists events starting on Thursday, January 10, 2013 and continuing for 31 days.