- Saturday, September 8, 2012
- No events scheduled today.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- Lecture: Indigenous Realism in the Face of Technological Romanticism: The Climate Change We Need by Dr. Daniel R. Wildcat. 7 p.m., Forum Hall, K-State Student Union. Dr. Daniel Wildcat, Ph.D., is director of the Haskell Environmental Research Studies (HERS) Center and Dean of the College of Natural and Social Sciences, Haskell Indian Nations University. Sales and signing for Dr. Wildcat's latest book "Red Alert: Saving the Planet with Indigenous Knowledge" to follow the lecture and Q&A period.
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
- Huck Boyd Lecture: Community Journalism and Other Stuff in a Changing World by David Dary. 10:30 a.m., Forum Hall, K-State Student Union. David Dary, a Manhattan native, will deliver the 13th annual Huck Boyd Lecture in Community Media at K-State.
- Thompson Lecture: Affirmative Action at the Crossroads: The Uncertain Future of Race-Conscious College Admissions by Professor Steven Ramirex. 7 p.m., Ballroom, K-State Alumni Center. Ramirez is a Professor of Law at Loyola University of Chicago School of Law. This lecture focuses on an important case currently before the U.S. Supreme Court challenging a university's right to consider race and ethnicity in deciding whether to admit student applicants. Small group discussion will follow the lecture.
- Vernon Larson Lecture: West African Music and Social Dance at Kansas State University: Past, Present and Future by Julie L. Pentz. Luncheon: 11:30 a.m. (reservations required), Lecture: 12:15 p.m. Ballroom, Holiday Inn. Luncheon is $15, and reservations are required by 9 a.m. on September 17. Lecture is free and open to the public.
- Monday, October 1, 2012
- Landon Lecture: Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. 11:30 a.m., McCain Auditorium. Live video stream will be available at time of lecture.
- Lecture: Science and Environmental Security in Foreign Policy: A Year in the Jefferson Science Fellowship Program by Dr. Richard A. Marston. 3:30 p.m., Little Theatre, K-State Student Union. Dr. Marston is a university distinguished professor of Geography and Jefferson Science Fellow. Free and open to the public.
This page lists events starting on Saturday, September 8, 2012 and continuing for 31 days.