- Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Performance Series: McCain Student Showcase. 4 p.m., McCain Auditorium. McCain Auditorium has helped shape the lives of countless Kansas State University students for more than four decades. To honor this legacy, McCain Auditorium is hosting the third annual McCain Student Showcase. The showcase will present a collage of several juried performances from students in the K-State music, theater and dance programs. Join us as we celebrate McCain Auditorium as a place for K-State students to experience inspiration and achievement. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- Performance Series: Shrek the Musical. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film that started it all, brings the hilarious story of everyone's favorite ogre to life on stage. In a faraway kingdom turned upside down, things get ugly when an unseemly ogre - not a handsome prince - shows up to rescue a feisty princess. Throw in a donkey who won't shut up, a villain with a short temper, a cookie with an attitude and more than a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you've got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero. Luckily, there's one on hand... and his name is Shrek. Featuring a terrific score of 19 all-new songs, big laughs, great dancing and breathtaking scenery, WWOR-TV proclaims "Shrek The Musical," "Far, far and away the funniest new musical on Broadway." Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Sunday, February 17, 2013
- Performance Series: Laughter and Reflection with Carol Burnett. 3 p.m., McCain Auditorium. One of America's most beloved comedic actresses will appear at Kansas State University's 150th anniversary celebration in an audience interactive program, where the audience asks the questions. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Friday, February 22, 2013
- Performance Series: Joe Goode Performance Group: The Rambler. Rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium.
- Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Performance Series: Joe Goode Performance Group: The Rambler. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. The Joe Goode Performance Group brings to life that mysterious and restless drifter who just can't stay put. Part American cultural icon, part global historic figure, "The Rambler" is Clint Eastwood meets Siddhartha. With an original score composed by Jesse Olsen Bay and scenic design by legendary puppeteer Basil Twist, Joe Goode and his virtuosic troupe of dancers use dance, song and spoken word to blur the line between theater and dance to make "The Rambler" a work that will not only entertain, but also provoke and inspire. Experience a witty but powerful examination of the loner in all of us. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Performance Series: Mummenschanz. 7:30 p.m., McCain Auditorium. For 40 years the company has created a surreal and captivating universe of whimsy, wonder and ingenuity that delights both young and old. Mummenschanz revolutionized mime art a generation ago by blending dance, theater and puppetry, creating fantastical characters that spring to life. Ticket information or call 532-6428.
This page lists events starting on Sunday, February 10, 2013 and continuing for 31 days.