- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
- Huck Boyd Lecture: Community Journalism and Other Stuff in a Changing World by David Dary. 10:30 a.m., Forum Hall, K-State Student Union. David Dary, a Manhattan native, will deliver the 13th annual Huck Boyd Lecture in Community Media at K-State.
- Thompson Lecture: Affirmative Action at the Crossroads: The Uncertain Future of Race-Conscious College Admissions by Professor Steven Ramirex. 7 p.m., Ballroom, K-State Alumni Center. Ramirez is a Professor of Law at Loyola University of Chicago School of Law. This lecture focuses on an important case currently before the U.S. Supreme Court challenging a university's right to consider race and ethnicity in deciding whether to admit student applicants. Small group discussion will follow the lecture.
- Vernon Larson Lecture: West African Music and Social Dance at Kansas State University: Past, Present and Future by Julie L. Pentz. Luncheon: 11:30 a.m. (reservations required), Lecture: 12:15 p.m. Ballroom, Holiday Inn. Luncheon is $15, and reservations are required by 9 a.m. on September 17. Lecture is free and open to the public.
- Monday, October 1, 2012
- Landon Lecture: Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. 11:30 a.m., McCain Auditorium. Live video stream will be available at time of lecture.
- Lecture: Science and Environmental Security in Foreign Policy: A Year in the Jefferson Science Fellowship Program by Dr. Richard A. Marston. 3:30 p.m., Little Theatre, K-State Student Union. Dr. Marston is a university distinguished professor of Geography and Jefferson Science Fellow. Free and open to the public.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2012
- Lecture: Power in Washington, Campaign Reform and America's Place in the World by Russ Feingold. 7 p.m., Forum Hall, K-State Student Union. Russ Feingold is a former U.S. Senator, Co-Sponsor of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (McCain-Feingold Act), and Founder of Progressives United. Sales and signing for Senator Feingold's latest book "While America Sleeps" to follow the lecture and Q&A period.
- Friday, October 19, 2012
- Vernon Larson Lecture: It's the Election: Do you Know Where Your Economy is Headed? by Dr. Chris Kuehl. Luncheon: 11:30 a.m. (reservations required), Lecture: 12:15 p.m. Ballroom, Holiday Inn. Luncheon is $15, and reservations are required by 9 a.m. on October 17. Lecture is free and open to the public. Dr. Kuehl is the Managing Director of Armada Corporate Intelligence and Chief Economist for the National Association for Credit Managers and Editor for armada-intel.com. Dr. Kuehl travels internationally and makes over 100 business and industry presentations a year.
This page lists events starting on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 and continuing for 31 days.