Student Conduct Policies
Career and Employment Services is pleased to coordinate on-campus interview opportunities between employers and K-State students.
To ensure the best quality interview experience for you and employers, we have established these expectations for on-campus interview participation:
- Prepare for your on-campus interview by reviewing the job description, company website and literature.
- Once you have been offered and have accepted an on-campus interview opportunity, you
are expected to keep your interview appointment. Not showing up for an interview reflects
negatively on you and on Kansas State University. If you must miss an interview appointment
due to an urgent situation, contact our office at 785-532-6506 as soon as possible
so that we can notify the recruiter. Consequences of a "no-show" interview or cancelling
the same day of your scheduled interview are as follows:
- First Missed Interview: Send a letter of apology to the recruiter as soon as possible.
- Second Missed Interview: All of your on-campus interview privileges will be suspended until you meet with a Career and Employment Services director. Interview and referral privileges may be reinstated pending the outcome of this meeting.
- Dress and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Bring copies of your resume and transcripts (if necessary).
Career services professionals are available to advise you about your obligations in the recruitment process. Recruiter and career services expectations include:
- providing accurate information
- adhering to schedules
- accepting an offer of employment in good faith
- notifying employers on a timely basis of an acceptance or non-acceptance
- withdrawing from the recruiting process after accepting an offer of employment
- interviewing only with employers for whom you are interested in working and whose eligibility requirements you meet
- requesting reimbursement of only reasonable and legitimate expenses incurred in the recruitment process