Job Sites by Career Field: Life, Earth & Physical Sciences
Resources available for students interesting in science-related careers including life and biological, chemistry, geography, geology, and physics.
Job Search Resources for Related Majors
- Biochemistry (PDF) - Utilize chemical knowledge of living cells, tissues, and organisms.
- Biology (PDF) - Pursue options related to human anatomy and physiology, botany, microbiology, zoology, and ecology.
- Chemistry (PDF) - Opportunities related to substances and energy from elements bonding.
- Geography (PDF) -Occupations to consider for geography majors with background in earth sciences, economics, cultures, politics, and historical development.
- Geology (PDF) - Careers related to exploration and production of mineral and energy resources.
- Kinesiology (PDF) - Contribute toward people's health and wellness including athletes, those with chronic injury/disease or anyone wanting to improve overall physical health.
- Physics (PDF) - Consider related fields of astronomy, engineering, chemistry, mathematics, ecology and biology.
- Argonne National Laboratory - U.S. Department of Energy laboratory for science and engineering research with Division of Educational Programs (DEP) offering opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to engage in scientific learning experiences.
- ScienceJournal - View articles and search related job postings for science careers including grant opportunities.
- Nature Jobs.com - Recruitment website for multiple science disciplines. Search by title, region, employer or discipline.
- New Scientist Jobs - Scientific employment opportunities in industry, academic and government sectors. Able to search by discipline.
- Science Jobs.org - Online database of science jobs in numerous industries published in collaboration with The Journal of American Science.
- ScienceNet - Database with information on various paid and unpaid for summer research programs/ internships at U.S. universities and colleges.
- Website for Job Seekers in Science - List of employment networks for Biology, Biotech, Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Physics, and Life Sciences.
- Yale Science and Engineering Research (YSER) - Fellowship programs are available for the support of undergraduate research projects.
Resources for students with specific interests
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association - Network of zoo and aquarium professionals, organizations, and suppliers with job listings for US and Canada.
- BiologyJobs.com - Targeted resource for job seekers and employers in Life Science.
- BioSciences - From the WWW Virtual Library of resources and websites for Biosciences. See sub category links.
- BioSpace - Hub for biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device/diagnostic, and clinical research jobs.
- Qualified Suppliers to Medical Device Industry (QMED) - Biomedical Engineering site.
- MedZilla.com - Website for biotechology, pharmaceutical, healthcare and science professionals.
- National Institutes of Health - View various research and training opportunitites available through the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) -Various educational opportunities including Internships for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Pharmaceutical On-Line - Search online career center for jobs related to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Virtual Library pharmacy - Pharmacy related internet resources including a list of job opportunities including medicine, health and biosciences.
- American Chemical Society - Search variety of career opportunities via this professional organization's website.
- Chemical Industry.com - Search the various fields within the chemical world including Associations, employers and job opportunities.
- Links for Chemists - See list of companies (world-wide) and industries for chemist career opportunities from WWW Virtual Library.
- Organic Chemistry Portal - View worldwide job openings in research and development within both industry and academia.
- Organic Chemistry Jobs Worldwide - On-line job search resource for professionals with an organic chemistry background.
- Association of American Geographers - Professional organization with members sharing interests in the theory, methods, and practice of geography and geographic education. Search for Jobs and review related Career Guide.
- Geography Jobs.com - Job posting for professionals or new graduates with a focus, skill set or background in geography including areas of urban planning, GIS/Remote Sensing, Envronment, Transportation, etc.
- Geography Jobs (PDF) - Extensive report compiled by US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Geo Community Career Center - View job postings, GIS salary survey, and discussion group.
- GIS Job Source - Post resume, view nation-wide job listings for GIS-related careers.
- GIS Jobs Clearinghouse - GIS/RS job site to post resume or search for job openings.
- American Institute of Physics - Federation of physical science societies, and provides job opportunities through online Career Center.
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) - Listing of opportunities related to professional practice of medical physics.
- Links for Physics - From WWW Virtual Library series provides list of companies (world-wide) and industries related to physics.
- NASA - Various full-time and student opportunities through NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC).
- FermiLab - Summer Internships in Science and Technology (SIST) with one of nation's high energy physics laboratories outside Chicago. Internships offered to students majoring in Physics, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science.