Create a Curriculum Vita
Tips for Writing a Curriculum Vita
Download a Vita Writing Workshop (PDF) presented by Career and Employment Services providing an overview of how to write a professional CV. View a sample K-State research.
Transition to Life After Graduate School
Dr. Mary Cain, K-State Psychology faculty member, presented at the Graduate Student Council workshop (October 2009) on how to tackle Life After Graduate School (PDF). Her presentation gives tips on the phone and campus interviews as well as the application package.
- Sample Cover Letter (PDF) for faculty position provided by Dr. Cain.
- Curriculum Vitae samples provided by Dr. Cain
- Research Statement (PDF) drafted to outline Dr. Cain's psychology work.
- Teaching Statement should only be 2 pages. Dr. Cain shares appropriate samples.
- Portfolio should include components of teaching qualifications. Only submit if requested.
The Curriculum Vitae Handbook and The Academic Job Search Handbook are both excellent resources available for checkout at CES in Holtz Hall. Below is more information about creating a CV and numerous samples for entry-level and postdoc professionals.
- Virginia Tech Career Services - Overview of curriculum vita (including Latin tips), when to use this format, and content to include.
- University of Illinois - Tips for getting started on writing a CV. Download postdoc CV samples for English and Science faculty positions (PDF).
- University of California, Berkeley Career Center- Helpful information for an academic job search or careers in industry.
- Chronicle of Higher Education CV Doctor - Tips for doctoral students and postdocs in preparing a CV. Includes before and after samples.
- Florida Atlantic University - CV Samples for nursing, humanities, social work, science, or teaching at a community college.
- Duke University - Offers numerous sample CVs for different academic disciplines.
Graduate and PhD Resumes
All resume examples are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Master of Science: Agricultural Economics
- Master of Art: Human Geography
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Science: Statistics
- Master of Art: Economics
- Master of Science: Mass Communications
- Master of Science: Computer Science
- Master of Science: Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Master of Science: Food Science
- Master of Business Administration: Finance
- PhD: Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Career & Employment Services' professional advising staff are available to assist students with initial formatting, CV development, interview skills, job searching, or other career-related concerns. Call 785-532-6506 to schedule an appointment year-round.