Career Development Resources
Major to Career Transition
Find out what careers match with various majors. Review common career areas, typical employers and informational websites by major.
- What Can I Do with This Major? - Worksheet matches majors with various careers.
- Web Resources by Career Field - Research types of positions available for majors.
- Need Some Help? - Resources on campus to discuss various options.
Career Development Timeline
A career search should begin long before graduation. Learn ideas of what you can do to develop marketable skills and enhance your future opportunities.
- Roadmap to Success (PDF) - Outlines potential career related goals and activities to achieve throughout a student's college career.
Review resume samples to identify necessary information and format to use in writing a professional resume. Resume Guide also includes over letters, power/action verbs, and other job search correspondence.
- Transferable Skills -Learn to identify which “transferable skills” employers are looking for and then highlight these experiences on your resume.
Tips to tackle all aspects of interview process. CES has compiled sample questions and suggestions of what to do before, during, and after the interview.
- Informational Interviewing Guide - Evaluate how to plan a successful informational interview to meet with professional(s) in a career field of interest.
Links to top career websites, job sites by geographic area, resources for diverse and multi-cultural interests, government jobs and more.
CES Workshops on the Web
View online videos and workshops about preparing for career fairs, interviewing, networking, job searching, and many others.