Conduct Information Sessions
An Information Session provides you with an opportunity to promote awareness and build excitement about your organization. Many companies use this time to preview their organization using videos, slides, web pages and/or question and answer sessions, to reduce the amount of time spent profiling their organization in an interview. Information Sessions are typically held the evening before your on-campus Interviews.
The K-State Student Union is the most commonly used facility for Information Sessions. The Union has a variety of rooms available to include meeting rooms, auditoriums, dining rooms, a ballroom, courtyard and several lounges. Most rooms are equipped with a 10baseT Ethernet jack for computer connections, Audio/Visual equipment such as DVDs, VCRs, TVs, slide projectors, overhead projector and blackboards are available for no fee. There is a fee for LCD projectors, camcorders or cordless microphones.
To arrange an information session, contact K-State Student Union Reservations at 785-532-6591.
- New this year, you can post your information session via your CES account.
- Your event will be publicized to K-State students via our website. Contact the on-campus interview schedules coordinator at 785-532-1681 if you need assistance.
- Your information session will be visible to on-campus interview candidates when they login to their CES account.
- We encourage you to contact pre-selected on-campus interview candidates via email about your information session arrangements.
- You may also wish to publicize your visit to campus by advertising in K-State's student newspaper, Kansas State Collegian. You can contact the advertising department directly at 785-532-6560.
Please note that Career and Employment Services supports and endorses the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) professional conduct principles that states "serving alcohol should not be part of the recruitment process."