NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
K-State Today Announcement
New Hire: Jana Fallin, professor of music education and University Distinguished Teaching Scholar for 2002-2003, has been hired as the director for the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning. She has served as the interim director for the center for the past year. During that time, she has collaborated with groups on campus to develop a number of new programs targeting faculty development, including SPOTLIGHT K-State and Invested Faculty events, as well as the upcoming Year of the Brain for 2013-2014. Congratulations, Jana!!
The Center for Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) is now accepting applications for the Coordinator position for the Peer Review of Teaching Program (PRTP). Click here for more info.
K-State will welcome David A. Sousa, author and brain scholar, on September 19, 2013. To participate and to order a book (How the Brain Learns by David A. Sousa) contact
your department head or the Center at 2-7828. Gear up for Year of the Brain events
and workshops throughout the year.
- SPOTLIGHT K-State Videos are now available on YouTube
- S4 Simple Strategies for Student Success Rapid Fire Presentations and Videos
- S4 Video: Dr. Todd Zakjraksek's presentations and workshop + Coach Bill Snyder's Saturday welcome message
- The Leading Edge: Distance Learning Spotlight on Student Services August 2012
- Looking for resources to improve your teaching? Check out our online library system. Browse through our titles, reserve a book, and pick it up at 215 Fairchild Hall in our Hoyt Commons Library.
- Dr. Fallin's approach to online teaching: Online Classes are the Wave of the Present by Danny Davis