Internships and Co-ops are Experiential Learning
- Explore and clarify career interests.
- Foster personal and professional growth while developing a professional network.
- Build upon classroom knowledge while improving transferable skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork and technology.
Paid or unpaid work in a field directly related to the student's area of study. Usually one semester or summer term.
Extended (usually two semesters) full-time paid internship.
Find & Succeed in an Internship/ Co-op
Handshake account: Search internship and co-op postings for K-State students and alumni.
Internship, co-op, or summer jobs websites
Helpful websites for jobs related to career fields, geographic area, specific demographics, etc.
Internship/ Co-op Tips
The Career Center's professional advising staff are available to assist students with resume development, interview skills, job search, or other career-related topics. Appointments available year-round.
Job Posting Disclaimer
Information on job listings in your Handshake account.
Other Types of Experiential Learning
- Volunteering/Service learning
- Part-time jobs
- Job shadowing
- International experiences
- Student organizations/leadership