Majors, Minors and More
Looking for a major? Minor? Secondary major?
Attend Majors, Minors and More!
A one-day event for anyone interested in learning more about K-State academic majors, minors, and secondary majors.
Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Grand Ballroom, 2nd floor of the K-State Student Union.
Remember to bring
- K-State student ID (but if you forget your ID, you can still attend!)
- Questions about K-State majors
Plan ahead to make the most of your day at the fair!
Get the most from the event
Ask good questions
- What are the required courses for this major, minor, secondary major?
- What are the classes like?
- What electives are available?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into the major?
- Are there departmental/professional affiliations I should join once I choose a program?
- What jobs do K-State graduates obtain with this degree?
- Will a bachelor's degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I more than likely need to pursue graduate work?
- What are some advantages of having a dual major, minor, or secondary major?
Sign up to win door prizes!
- Make sure to sign up at the fair for your chance to win awesome door prizes!
Follow up after the fair
- Continue to learn more about the majors, minors, and secondary majors by making an appointment to talk to an academic advisor.
- Contact the Career Center to learn more about how your interests, abilities, and values connect to your decision about a major or career, or to learn more about how part-time jobs, internships, and experiential learning opportunities can help you solidify your long term career goals.
- Attend K-State Open House where academic programs are showcased to the Kansas community.
Majors, Minors & More CommitteeTami Duch, College of Arts and Sciences
Brooks Hetle, Housing and Dining Services
Stefan Yates, College of Engineering
Julie Hunt, College of Arts and Sciences
Blair Kocher, College of Business Administration
Kim Kerschen, College of Agriculture
Meagan Scott, College of Arts and Sciences
Ross Johnson, Career Center
MaryAnne Andrews, College of Human Ecology
Jared Meitler, Career Center
Lindsey Morford, College of Education
Savannah Nulton, College of Arts and Sciences
Angelia Perry, College of Arts and Sciences
Madaí Rivera, College of Human Ecology
Danna Voegeli, College of Architecture, Planning, and Design