What is Sexual Violence?
Sexual violence is an umbrella term used to refer to
- No consent due to force or fear
- No consent due to being unconscious or physically powerless
- No consent due to the effect of any alcoholic liquor, narcotic, drug or other substance
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Harassment
- Coercion (force or pressure to engage in sexual acts)*
- Knowingly transmitting a Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)*
- Sexual Exploitation*
Violence is a choice and is never the fault of the victim.
*Not all experiences of intimate partner violence will fall under K-State's Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Violence, and Stalking. If you've experienced any of the aforementioned forms of violence, you may access the CARE office for support and services.