Meeting Notes May 11, 9:00 A.M.
301 Hale Library
Mike Crow (iSIS), Tilford (AG), Lisa Last (AR), Alsop (AS), Cunningham (BA), Niedfeldt (BA), Murphy (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Scott Schlender (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), Bennett (FS/AAC), Lynn Carlin (PROV), Monty Nielsen (REG), Cooper (REG), Diana Blake (ITS), John Letourneau (ITS), Loren Wilson (ITS), Rebecca Gould (iTAC), Arthaud-Day (iTAC)
New FS/AAC Chair
is Andy Bennett.
Project Updates (Crow)
- AVOW (electronic transcripts) will have a soft opening June 15, 2011, and will “go-live” June 20, 2011.
- Dean’s Office Deadline Calendar will be updated next week.
- Training for using the Master Extract will be available at 10:00 AM on May 23 or May 26 in Fairchild 9.
- Minors conversion planning: working on minors and majors declaration concurrently was suggested since they are similar transactions.
- “Shopping Cart” message (to remind students that they had classes in their shopping carts for summer/fall enrollment) was sent to approximately 2000 students and did not seem to cause problems. Message will be sent again Fall Term regarding Spring Term classes left in shopping cart.
- First class soon will be offered in Olathe so a new iSIS location code will be needed to designate Olathe campus.
Demonstration of iSIS Operations Calendar for iSIS Team (Blake)
An iSIS Operations Calendar has been developed on ZIMBRA. Included are calendar dates from iSIS Academic, Admissions, Financial Aid, Graduate School, ISO, meetings, Planning and Analysis, Registrar, Student Financial Assistance and Training calendars. Currently is available to iSIS Team; iSIS Task Force members will be added.
Graduation Honors Calculation (Crow)
Registrar’s Office will run reports for “Preliminary Honors” on October 15 and March 15.
Testing is going well.
Summer Graduation Applications (Alsop, Crow)
AS would like the application for summer graduation to remain open until August 1 instead of closing on July 1.
Following discussion, consensus was to have graduation application close on the last day of classes each fall term and spring term, and on August 1 for summer term. Graduation application will open on August 12 for fall graduation, and on January 1 for spring and summer graduation.
Project List from iSIS Task Force Brainstorming (Feb 10, 2010 – May 2011 Update)
(Carlin, Crow) See handout.
Items from the list were reviewed and status indicated.
- A.3 Usability. Provide a way to print the Student Schedule by hitting print button.COMPLETED
- A.4 Usability/Advising. Ability to leave comments on various pages (adviser notes about students; students also want to leave comments). GOAL: Meet with university counsel in June regarding privacy issues.
- A.6 Usability/Defaults. Final Exam Schedule should show up in Class Schedule (day/time). On hold due to 2013 calendar issue and policy issues related to exam rotation; refer to CAPP.
- A.9 Advising. Total hours on Academic Tab/Retakes. Stays on the list.
- A.11 Usability. Ability to make batch request, such as term history. Clarification: Need ability to request academic history for a list of students instead of having to request individually, one by one.) Leave on list.
- A.12 Usability. “Return to search” button on both top and bottom of page. Email Mike Crow with Student Services pages that need this feature so he can submit service request.
- B.6 Process Change. Stand Alone/Post-Baccalaureate Minors processing. Admissions application needs to be changed to add application for minor; back office processing needs to be determined. High priority, but will be a manual process for fall 2011.
- D.2 Communications. Central repository for committee/sub-committee minutes and notes. Send content to Nancy Baker in Office of Planning and Analysis to post on web.
- B.1a Advising. Have to access too many screens for advising student – information needs to be consolidated. Brad Cunningham (BA) offered to demonstrate the problem in an advising session at his office.
- B.1b Advising. Continuing assessment of advising needs and fit/gap. Refer to Provost.
- B.3 Course and Curriculum Approval. Streamline and automate course and curriculum approval process. Refer to Provost.
- B.4 Line Scheduling. Better way to do line scheduling – focus group to follow up. Remove from list.
- B.7 Student Curriculum Changes. Streamline student curriculum change process to reduce paper and increase efficiency while ensuring record integrity. Procedural questions need to be clarified; also consider minors process. Subcommittee will reconvene with Di Murphy replacing Mike Perl and adding Diana Blake, Marietta Milligan, Brian Arthaud-Day and Barb Nagel.