Meeting Notes January 12, 2001-9:00 A.M.
301 Hale Library
Tilford, (AG), Wilson (AG), Lisa Last (AR), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), Moser (FS/AAC), Lynn Carlin (PROV), Cooper (REG), Diana Blake (ITS), Rebecca Gould (iTAC), Arthaud-Day (iTAC)
iSIS Project Initiatives for 2011 (Blake).
Handout: iSIS Portfolio of Projects for 2011 (1-11-11 update)
Diana Blake reviewed portfolio of projects for 2011 and requested feedback.
- K-State 8 General Education Program. Vicki Clegg is leading implementation. Diana is coordinating technology changes. iSIS, DARS, Undergraduate Catalog and Class Schedule all will be impacted. K-State 8 will be demonstrated at February meeting. Vicki Clegg is working on communications plan and will present at Dean’s Council. (Comments: It is difficult to find K-State 8 on web – have to go to UGE and click on “Are you looking for the K-State 8 General Education Program?” or search for “kstate8” on K-State homepage.)
- Academic History View “Unofficial Transcript” for Advisors is on schedule for roll-out in February and will be for advisors only; students will not be able to print. Test credits and calculations for retakes will be included. Question: will they be included on academic view also?
- Electronic ordering, payment and delivery of transcripts has been contracted with AVOW and will be available in April. Currently enrolled students will be charged $5 delivery charge and non-enrolled students will be charged $10 transcript fee + $5 delivery charge. Contract may be expanded to include diploma ordering later.
- English Language Program Reports and Screens. Reports pulled from iSIS are being developed.
- Stand Alone Post-Baccalaureate Minors. iSIS changes will be implemented Fall 2011.
Comprehensive Needs Assessment (Blake).
Needs assessment or usability study? Students, faculty, advisors, support staff, department heads in groups of 8-10 users will be involved.
Major initiatives list was reviewed. Additional topics were noted.
- Graduation processing (minors, commencement program publication preparation, diploma ordering
- Spring 2011: Student Final Exam Schedule included in iSIS.
- Mike Crow will continue “The list.”
- Enrollment management issues (class capacity, reserve capacity, open seats for enrollment)
are high priority.
Task Force requests sharing updates to portfolio of projects and summary of academic impact of bundle/feature pack implementation.
Suggestion Box Feedback (Arthaud-Day).
From April 14, 2010 to late November, 21 suggestions were received. Since November 2010 upgrade, 51 suggestions were received.
Items for “The List”
- Can departments run reports from Master Extract? Data definitions and better training are needed.
- Pending incompletes/NR report: can it be run by Dean’s Offices?
- Report on grades less than “C” (for prerequisite enforcement) – contact Shannon Castleberry.
- Requisite check after grade posting would be very helpful. Dean’s Offices are spending a lot of time and effort to review grades and drop students.