Meeting Notes May 12, 2010-9:00 A.M.
Mike Crow (iSIS), Tilford (AG), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Alsop (AS), Niedfeldt (BA), Murphy (ED), O. Lease (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), K. Lease (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), Monty Nielsen (REG), Gunile DeVault (REG)
John Letourneau, Lynn Carlin
Graduation Processing Subcommittee Progress (reader cards, etc.) (Crow)
Handout: Spring 2010 Graduation Processing Steps
- Access for May 2010 updates by colleges ends at noon on June 8, 2010.
- Colleges can process and save 2104 candidates, but program/plan will not update (post) until June 15, after posting report for May 2010 graduates is run.
End-of-Semester/Grades Processing Dates (Crow)
- Grade report clarification: see handout from last meeting.
- Note: late drops may still be on grade roster.
Brainstorming Session Discussion (Carlin, Crow)
Document titled “iSIS Task Force Brainstorming Session, February 10, 2010 – 114 Hale Library, updated May 10, 2010” was reviewed and discussed.
- Items 5, 10, 49 were changed to COMPLETED.
- Items 20 and 47 were changed to ON-GOING.
- Item 48 was moved to join items 22, 23 and 24 as MID TO LONG-TERM.
- Item 51 Work Flow/Academic Calendar: see handout of sample calendar in development.
MATH and FSHS Course “Topics” (Crow)
Handout: FSHS 010 Process
- Sample of iSIS Class Search View for FSHS 010 was provided. Topic identifier specifying Manhattan, Salina or Distance Education will be visible during enrollment, but removed before transcript posting. Date to remove topic? HE says after first week of classes when instructor permission goes into effect; MATH previously stated they want topic visible for at least three weeks into the term.
Updated FAQs for Students and Faculty (Gould)
- Draft versions have already been posted. Send suggested changes to Brian Arthaud-Daybcad@ksu.edu.
iSIS Upgrade (Crow)
- Upgrade testing will be done in July in Fairchild Room 9; CRP1 will be available in June, but many who will do testing are unavailable due to Orientation and Enrollment.
- Transition still is planned for Thanksgiving Week (Nov 22-26, 2010).
Calendar Change for Non-Standard Classes (Spring 2011) (Crow)
Handout: Non-standard classes impacted by calendar change, Scheduling Instructions for Spring 2011 Calendar Changes, Regular vs. Nonstandard Session-Spring 2011, Class Schedule Calendar
- Calendar change proposal has been approved by president and forwarded to KBOR for consideration at June 2010 meeting. Approval is anticipated, but official published calendars will not be changed until KBOR approves. In anticipation of change, Spring 2011 Class Schedule development will be based on revised calendar.
- Charlotte Pfaff will send electronic version of handout to class schedulers.
Request to Purge Shopping Carts (Crow)
- Should enrollment shopping carts be purged after sending one or two email reminders? Do HOLDS prevent completion of enrollment?
“When offered” report is due in July to Aaron Stroot (Crow)
- D. Delker will check with Barney King (chair, FS/AAC) to determine if term changes can be submitted on a spreadsheet, or if individual Expedited Course Change forms will be required
“Not Enrolled in Classes” Message (Crow)
- Once classes end, iSIS displays message that student is “Not Enrolled in Classes.” Can the message be hidden? When will class enrollment for continuing students be displayed?
HWD Lists (Crow)
- Check report manager for HWD lists. Can we be notified by email when lists are in report manager? What’s the status of email notification to dismissed students? Action postponed until after iSIS upgrade.