Meeting Notes June 9, 2010- 9:00 A.M.
113 Seaton Hall
Mike Crow (iSIS), Tilford (AG), Wilson (AG), Alsop (AS), Alison Wheatley (AS), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), K. Lease (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), Monty Nielsen (REG), Gunile DeVault (REG), John Letourneau (ISO)
iSIS FAQs (Delker for Gould)
Look at FAQ link and send corrections to BCAD@ksu.edu.
Graduation Processing Post-Op (Crow)
- Favorable reports received about changes.
- December grad app will be available August 12 – December 1.
- When should Graduation Honors be calculated?
- 50/60 rule for graduation honors still applies. Policy per Undergraduate Catalog:
Degree candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 hours in residence, with at least
50 hours in graded courses, are considered for graduation with scholastic honors as
Summa cum laude: 3.950 or above academic average.
Magna cum laude: 3.850–3.949 K-State academic average.
Cum laude: 3.750–3.849 K-State academic average.
Sub-committee continues to work.
- Spring 2011: minors processing will be done as is graduation processing.
- Spring 2011: checkbox for May graduation and August graduation with May commencement participation.
- Commencement program: having iSIS generate list (report) for commencement program will require format standardization among colleges. For now, “maintain status quo.”
- Discussion: Preemptive notice to students who might degree candidates to encourage application for graduation? Shannon can run query on request for students who have completed 85 hours. Should this be set up as a report so colleges can run?
- “When will diplomas be mailed?” Put message about degree posting on transcript and diploma mailing on “landing page.”
- Delaying degree posting to receive transfer transcripts causes problems for graduates who need official documentation of degree completion; should students be required to complete final classes at K-State – no transfer courses allowed? Or told to avoid taking transfer courses in graduation term?
December Final Grade Posting
- Can grade submission deadlines be on Monday and Tuesday, and final grades be posted on Wednesday instead of Thursday? This would allow more time for processing dismissals before the winter break. Earlier grade deadline was not a problem in December 2009. Do we need TWO grade deadlines – should there be just one deadline to lessen confusion about when grades are due?
- Nonstandard Session classes: instructors receive an email when grade roster is available.
- “Grades Saved” message: add a pop-up message that “Grades Not Approved” or “Grades Approved.”
- Academic issue: The replacement retake calculation process is run only once. After the process is run, there is no change in academic standing as a result of grade change report (error correction, change “NR” or “I”), except when noticed and requested.
Upgrade Testing Timeline (Crow, Letourneau)
Plan will be available at July meeting. Maybe Task Force should meet in Fairchild 9 for July meeting? Testing will start July 15; TSCS available in late July/early August. We’ll link up with iTAC students to test full cycle. Advising area has been re-engineered.
Refresher on Updating Requisites (Crow)
(Handout: Requisites Maintenance)
Requisites can be edited, then email Sharon Hauck or Mike Crow to have requisites attached.
Need for Paper Program Plan Change within Colleges (Perl)
(Handout: Program/Plan Change form)
Several colleges questioned why individual paper forms are required for in-house plan changes. All students in BA and ED, and some in EN, have to be changed from pre-professional plan to degree plan upon admission to professional programs.
Registrar requires individual forms for imaging by individual student, in order to have accurate KBOR reports.
Business process needs to be reviewed for improvement – add to “The List.”
SPARK Student Tracking (Crow, Wheatley)
Student group for first semester students with <1.00 (except ELP students)
Run reports by term of entry.
Mike Crow will send form to create student group to each college.
Alison Wheatley and Susan Alsop will create template to spec report, which will be an SQR that colleges can run themselves.
CAUTION: continuation of SPARK program needs to be determined before too much work is done.
Other Items from the List (Crow)
“When Offered” review.
Changes can be submitted as a list using the expedited course change process. Aaron Stroot will develop spreadsheet from catalog to put into iSIS for student planning.
Faculty want to be able to grant class permission. Access can be requested for SR_CLASS PERMISSION on security form. Should on-line training be required? 9.0 may allow restriction to overriding class capacity.
REG Work Process Calendar.
(Handout: Register’s Office – Dean’s Office Deadlines) Check website.
Will 9.0 check for successful completion of requisites after grade posting – and automatically drop classes if requisite is not met?