Meeting Notes July 8, 2009-9:00 A.M.
Mike Crow (iSIS), Yolanda Howard (ITS), Tilford (AG), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Nilges (AS), Cunningham (BA), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Lease (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), Monty Nielsen (REG), Gunile DeVault (REG), Rebecca Gould (iTAC)
John Letourneau, Royce Gilbert
Graduation Processing (and other topics) (Royce Gilbert)
- Subcommittee has been reviewing “what is” (see handout) and contemplating what will be.
- Input from all colleges will be needed to determine what will work for all. Royce will email map to review for fit with individual college processes. Business processes may be changed, and iSIS processes tweaked.
- Next step will be an enhancement list to prioritize what we can do when.
- By consensus, December graduate application will be turned off until August 12. Any applications already submitted will be retained in the system.
- Summer graduation processing closed July 1. Reminder: use “AP” for approved, “PN” for pending, and “DN” for denied applications. Send changes to Connie in REG.
- Summer grades are posting daily.
- Clarification: Submission deadline for non-standard session grades is five BUSINESS days after course ends.
- List of dates for end of term processing (repeats, transcripts held for grades, degree post, degree award) will be sent soon.
December Grade Submission Deadlines (Mike Crow)
Reminder: consult faculty about changing grade submission deadline from December 23 to December 22. Finalize in August and inform Faculty Senate.
Fit/Gap Upgrade to iSIS Version 9.0 (Yolanda Howard)
- Have to move from 8.9 to 9.0 by November 2010. Takes one year to implement upgrade.
- iSIS ops group wants consultants to analyze differences – short term investment but expensive. RFP is out pending funding. VP Shubert will not commit funds until August when more is known about budget situation.
- iSIS Task Force will be involved. Fit/gap analysis will start mid-September à end of November. Involves cleaning up modifications and determining what does 9.0 fix or break.
- iSIS Academic Advisement module (degree audits) will be considered. A focus group has been set up. Colorado and Nebraska use DARS instead of the iSIS Academic Advisement module because iSIS module is still early in development. Whether DARS or iSIS advisement, programming for “The K-State 8” (general education) will be a challenge.
Upcoming and Ongoing Projects and Timeline (Mike Crow)
- Graduation Application processing
- Census survey (US Census – access patterned after ADV survey)
- K-State 8
- Gen Ed to be implemented Fall 2011
- Courses tagged in Spring 2010
- Class Schedule with tagged courses developed in Fall 2010
- Tagged courses available in March 2011 for start of Fall 2011 enrollment
Faculty will set tags to be applied in iSIS, DARS and University Undergraduate Catalog.
- Textbook reporting
- “Three C’s”
- Electronic transcripts
- Self-service transcript orders
Academic History View – Unofficial Transcript (Mike Perl)
A subcommittee worked on producing an “unofficial transcript” format for the Academic History View. AP courses can be noted but not listed. Running the reports is time intensive. Running a batch by plan is possible. Access will require a special role and will be limited to ONE PERSON PER COLLEGE. How many colleges want the role? (Alternative: run individual Academic History View printed two pages per sheet.)
Class search for enrollment
Can default be changed from showing OPEN only to show ALL? Compromise:
- Student Center will show OPEN only. Faculty view will show ALL.
- Reserved capacity classes: can there be a symbol to indicate classes closed except for reserved capacity?
- Can default be changed from “View 3” to “View All?”
July 15 is the deadline for Colleges to submit Spring 2011 Class Schedule.
List of “Variable Title” classes was distributed to Colleges – submit missing titles ASAP.
For consistency, use attribute “University Honors” for honors program classes instead of adding notes.
Program/Plan Change form, Pre-matric plan change form and Reinstatement form are on the iSIS Help for Administrators – Forms site (for information only).
Send ADAR requests to Barb Nagel. So far, REG has received about ten requests per week.
Problem: Plan is removed in Student Center for “discontinued” students and consequently DARS audits can’t be run for student advising. John LeTourneau will check into this.
John LeTourneau: KSOL new version to be implemented July 18 will allow instructors to identify graded sections.
User profiles are being created for students with enrollment data and valid eIDs.
Rebecca Gould: Computers are being upgraded in Fairchild 9. Brian Arthaud-Day is available for one-on-one training.