9:00 a.m., Seaton 113, November 19, 2008
Mike Crow (iSIS), Miriam Clark (iSIS), Jennifer Gehrt (LASER), Lynn Carlin (ITS), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Pumphrey (AS), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Scott Schlender (GR), Judy Lynch (AAC), Linda Morse (DCE), Monty Nielsen (REG), Al Cochran (PROV)
Mike Crow reported that the comments from the last meeting were relayed to the reporting team.
Questions: Master Student Extract
- What if primary plan doesn’t have primary subplan and second plan does have a subplan?
- Can different plans each have primary subplan? (e.g., can two checkboxes be checked?)
- Several fields are being added to iSIS Master – will compare to what we see.
- Most people are using CSV version, not PDF.
- Problem: GPA is not working.
Miriam Clark will join the iSIS Task Force and will be liaison for writing reports.
Lynn Carlin reported that there are several lists of needed enhancements from different areas that need to be collated into one list and “triaged” to set priorities.
- Graduation applications and clearance.
- New General Education program. Faculty Senate will consider revised program in January for implementation before Higher Learning Commission site visit in 2011.
- Course and curriculum approval process -- integrate data into iSIS.
- Confirmation e-mail for shopping cart submission.
- Access to DARS/Academic History in Student Center.
- Include plan and subplan in class roster.
- Add check box for primary adviser.
- Modify My Class Schedule presentation.
- Modify midterm submission setup.
- Allow Service Indicator release in Faculty Center from Advisor tab or Student Service Center.
KSOL and Other Questions (Jennifer Gehrt)
- The KSOL advisee list has to be updated to match iSIS list – doesn’t happen automatically. Remind advisers to import updated list.
- KSOL setup can be changed to included WID (call Help Desk for assistance.)
- For Class Schedule, can instructors use a “preferred name?” If a former student, the instructor’s student name (first, middle, last) is the name of record; otherwise, the instructor’s name is as listed with HR. No change is recommended.
- The following suggestions came from a meeting with advisers and other discussion.
- List of classes and holds should default to VIEW ALL.
- Add topics to Browse Catalog.
- Release service indicators from adviser’s page or link.
- Advising Survey should open automatically – current system is too complicated.
- Time for enrollment should accompany date.
Master Extract (Mike Crow)
At present Master Extract report is available only to Dean’s Offices. Some departments want access.
Class permission role is now separate from department role. Who should have access?
Reminder: Variable Titles
Contact Gunile DeVault about Variable Titles.
Next meeting: Wednesday, December 3 at 9:00 AM in Seaton 113.