Meeting Notes May 13, 2009-9:00 A.M.
Mike Crow (iSIS), Yolanda Howard (ITS), Tilford (AG), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Pumphrey (AS), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Lease (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Judy Lynch (ADV), King (FS/AAC), Monty Nielsen (REG), Gunile DeVault (REG), Al Cochran (PROV), Rebecca Gould (iTAC)
Michael Brown, Elaine Heller, John Letourneau, Lynn Carlin, Chih-Ching Ma
Archive Database Access and Reporting Project (ADAR)
- See handouts. Michael Brown reviewed ADAR – what will happen when SIS no longer is accessible. Data will be archived, but retrieval is complicated.
- John Letourneau reviewed reports vs. queries. He’s working on reports. Administrative offices will have query access. Reports are preferred.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office when information is needed. (Who in REG? Ask for the information needed and someone will work on it.) Registrar’s Office will collect requests and forward to ISO to be prioritized.
- Will there be a catalog of reports? What’s the plan for screen access?
- It’s difficult for college reps to identify specific needs because situations are unusual, often unique, and sporadic.
- A document will be written for review and feedback – will review and re-evaluate over the summer.
Listserv Update (David Delker)
List of members was circulated for updating.
Class Schedule (Gunile DeVault)
- New title on the form to record individual student class title in variable title by student class: VARY TITLE BY STUDENT FORM.
- Each college received “Variable title” errors to correct in 2102 class schedule.
iSIS Data Dictionary (Yolanda Howard)
- Data dictionary was developed for iSIS Master Extract File Documentation. Review and email Yolanda with questions. Reporting committee will find the documentation helpful. When ready, the document will be posted online.
- Grad App process committee is working to document business practices, then technical processes will be addressed.
End of Semester Activities and Other Items (Mike Crow)
- Check with faculty – would changing the Fall Term grade deadline to 5:00 PM on Tuesday after finals be acceptable? December 22 would be the deadline for Fall Term 2009.
- Pop-up note confirming grade submission has been migrated.
- Graduation processing: July 1 is the cutoff for submitting online Graduation Application for Summer Term graduation. The May 8 cutoff for Spring Term graduation resulted in only one manual submission so far – however, college reps noted several are forthcoming.
- Post-op evaluation will be done in June.
- List of class schedulers/minors representatives who have attended training was distributed.
- Academic Forgiveness (see handout). Review the form sent by e-mail.
- One person per college will be given access to print academic history in a transcript format.
- In Spring Term 2010, completion of ethnicity and census surveys will be required to enroll in the same way advising surveys are required in the fall.
- New interim forms for plan changes, reinstatement, and pre-matriculation plan changes are available from REG and ADM Offices.
What GPA is used for warning and dismissal status – “true” GPA or Academic Fresh Start/Academic Forgiveness GPA? College representatives say it should be adjusted GPA; programming uses true GPA. Referred to CAPP for clarification.