Meeting Notes March 11, 2009- 9:00 A.M.
Mike Crow (iSIS), Yolanda Howard (ITS), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Pumphrey (AS), Cunningham (BA), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Springer (VM), Lease (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Doris Carroll (FS/AAC), Monty Nielsen (REG), Al Cochran (PROV), Rebecca Gould (iTAC)
Brian Arthaud-Day, John LeTourneau
Report from Faculty Senate (Doris Carroll)
Three items were referred to Faculty Senate, and returned.
- Resetting the advising flag at fourteen days instead of seven days.
- Requiring instructor permission at fourteen calendar days instead of seven days.
- Purging the waitlist at fourteen days instead of seven days.
Faculty Senate does not believe items 1 and 3 are their responsibility. Item 2 was opposed. Requiring instructor permission at five days instead of seven was suggested. Soliciting student input was suggested. Faculty Senate response will be reported to CAPP.
Variable Title by Student Sections (Gunile DeVault)
Gunile distributed list of class sections still missing variable titles to College representatives with a request to get missing information back to her ASAP.
Midterm Grades Wrap-up (Mike Crow)
- Liked being able to mark all “Satisfactory” and change few to “Unsatisfactory.”
- Will add CSV.
- Want ability to run by plan/adviser.
- Want phone number as well as email.
- What was the % return by faculty?
Graduation Clearance (Mike Crow)
- Cutoff will be May 8.
- Brian will do training for minors and secondary majors and certificates.
- Will there be an iSIS report for publications? Colleges will each develop own from spreadsheet (CSV).
- Publications requires Word document – CSV is Excel. Use mail merge function ton convert from Excel to Word.
- Get specs and process from Publications.
- Reader cards – can we create common format and process?
- Send feedback to subcommittee of Larry, Shanna and Karen.
- Is everyone comfortable with graduation spreadsheet?
- Contact Barb Nagel, Jennifer Weaver or Kathy Johnston with problems; Connie is out on medical leave.
- Can change graduation date without requiring a new application. If denied, students have to reapply.
Class Schedule Sessions (Mike Crow)
- Dry run class schedule session will be held on March 12, 9:00-1:00 AM in Fairchild Hall for iSIS Task Force.
- STRONGLY ENCOURAGE class schedulers to attend training update sessions in April. Send feedback to Brian.
- Also will do session in Salina. May do session for non-schedulers in departments.
- Plan to restore structure with timeline.
March 1- Roll schedule (S09 to S10)
April - Revise schedule
May 20 - Deadline
June 20 - Review
July 15 - Access closed
Reinstatement, Program/Plan Change, Pre-matric Program/Plan Change Forms
- One vs. three forms: three forms are OK with Barb. Send edits to Barb Nagel.
- Do we need copies? Who copies and distributes? To whom? Can that information (distribution list) be printed on the form?
- Do forms have to be paper? Can email be used?
- Harvard Townsend is working on electronic signatures.
- Can there be a workflow system defined? Get business process defined, then spec the technology solution.
- Subcommittee of Perl, Herspring, Wilson, Satzler and Howard will work on this.
Other Items (Mike Crow)
- Minors: Charlotte will test move to non-degree track next week. Will send notification when complete.
- Form for Academic Forgiveness is needed. (Refer to CAPP.)
- Is test student helpful? YES.
- Late drops in non-standard classes (WL) – still working on dynamic dating issue.