Meeting Notes February 11, 2009-9:00 A.M.
Mike Crow (iSIS), Yolanda Howard (ITS), Tilford (AG), Wilson (AG), Herspring (AR), Pumphrey (AS), Cunningham (BA), Niedfeldt (BA), Perl (ED), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Melinda Wilkerson (VM), Judy Lynch (AAC), Monty Nielsen (REG), Gunile DeVault (REG), Doris Carroll (FS/AAC)
Processing May 2009 Candidates for Degree (Mike Crow)
Handout: Graduation Application Questions and Answers Prepared for 02/11/09 iSIS Task Force meeting
To date, 2221 applications have been received. See handout for “Q&A.” Additional questions and comments summarized below.
- Deadline for submission of online application: To be determined. Should be set based on deadline to order diplomas, deadline for publication in Commencement program, time required to create/revise application after deadline is passed.
- DO access to apps submitted is available NOW. May get both UG and GR students. Sort to get UG only. Also note “Minors” are included – have to work out process for department approval. When can we have a box on the app to check “approved” or “denied?” Probably not anytime soon.
- Can there be a confirmation screen for students – “application successfully submitted.” Possible enhancement – wait and see if it is needed.
- Students can’t see expected Grad Date when entered. (See response to item 3.)
- Students can’t view their plan, subplan, minor, secondary major. Students need to be able to se plan, subplan, etc. in advance of applying for graduation clearance to verify accuracy and correct any errors.
- Shouldn’t some of the data entry fields be required and not optional? No – slows the system down.
- Making changes and corrections: DO can correct pending coursework and hometown; students can change diploma name and diploma mailing address. Other changes have to be made in REG Office. SUGGESTION: Opening information page with advice on completing the application, then click “Continue” to go to Grad App.
- Bogus apps: evaluate after this term to determine if this is a problem.
- Confusion about printing DARS and/or Academic History. Reword (or put on opening info screen) on why/how to use DARS. Delete reference to academic history.
- Any on-line testing on Macs? NO. Any preferred browser? Mike uses IE.
- Student view. Test student has been created for each College to allow access to student view. (See handout with login information.)
- Summer applications – how to record elective to be selected when Summer 2009 class schedule is available – cannot complete app without something entered. Can enter any character (e.g., “*”) in boxes. AS has encouraged students to use “SUM 100 Summer Course 3 units KSU” to indicate elective course to be determined.
- Correcting error in degree term – DO has to contact REG office to correct history.
- Inactive students who need to apply for graduation clearance: refer them to the HELP DESK, who will work with Charlotte Pfaff to get them into the system.
Enrollment and Class Schdedule (Gunile DeVault)
- Drop/Add deadlines: please review document distributed and provide feedback.
- Missing Instructors: (handout by college) – please correct missing instructors ASAP.
- Section Titles Variable by Student: run report and submit titles to Gunile by March 6.