Meeting Notes September 19, 2007- 11:00 A.M.
113 Seaton Hall
Herspring, Pumphrey, Donnelly, Niedfeldt, Perl, Hightower, Satzler, Pence, Delker, Shanklin, Morse, Nielsen, Cochran, Crow
David Delker convened the meeting, and asked Mike Crow to proceed.
Introduction to iSIS for Administrative Councils
Jennifer Gehrt met with the Council of Deans and offered to speak to Administrative
Councils. Administrative Councils will be invited to attend 45-60 minute sessions
in Fairchild 9 to use iSIS. Intent is to provide a relaxed, hands-on introduction
or exposure to system, not training.
? Could there be tasks to practice? (Mike can create some activities.)
? Should department staff also be included? (Yes, maybe.)
Mike will need a list of WHO to include. The sessions may take one to two months to cycle through all the colleges. It may be possible to schedule two colleges in the same session.
On October 2, FSCOT, FS/AAC, and FS leadership will have a session similar to those planned for Administrative Councils.
Course Catalog/Course Schedule
- Everyone in DO who needs access to update should have it.
- Dept heads/dept offices who will do entry still need security access. Mike will e-mail for information by next Monday (9/24/07) for access by October 1. Dept heads may want “view rights.”
- Brian will be available every Thursday in October from 10:00 to noon in Fairchild Hall for HELP SESSIONS. October 4 will be a refresher sessions for Class Schedule and running reports. Two sessions: 8:00-9:30 and 10:00-11:30 in Fairchild 9 – sign up for WS 0009 with HR. Sessions primarily are for class schedule, but may include other topics (like requisites).
- OCTOBER 1 – everything opens.
- Sharon Hauck has been making corrections to class schedule – don’t use system until clean up is completed 9/30/07.
- HR load rolls October 1. DO will need to maintain advisers in iSIS from October 1 forward.
Migrating Enrollment Requisites
- Can be done Sept 28 or November 12.
- When ready, go into “KSU Development” and check “Processed Indicator” to migrate.
- GRADUATE COURSES (numbered 500 or above) need to have “graduate bypass” if pre-requisites are not to be enforced for graduate students. Mike offered student assistance to enter graduate bypass, but needs to know when enrollment requisites will be ready to migrate so student can work on those first.
Hot Topic Wrap-up
Reminder: Hot Topic Wrap-up will be Thursday, Sept 27 from 10:00 – noon in Big 12
Issue: changing class capacities during New Student Orientation and Enrollment
During June O&E, class capacities in key common courses (e.g., ENGL, MATH) have been increased in increments during the 12 days of the program in order to assure availability of a range of class meeting times throughout the enrollment period. Mike reported that it appears this may continue to be possible by using 1) reserved capacity and 2) Enrollment Services update (for “outlyers”).
Issue: Instructor/Dept Consent at the Class Level
“Consent required” stops student from enrolling. Permission overrides consent, class capacity and enrollment requisites. Study question #2 on the document “12)*Permission/Consent.”