Meeting Notes March 26, 2008-10:30 A.M.
Wednesday, April 2 at 10:30 AM, Seaton 113
Mike Crow (iSIS), Jennifer Gehrt (LASER), Donnelly (AG), Tilford (AG), Herspring (AR), Pumphrey (AS), Alison Wheatley (AS), Cunningham (BA), Niedfeldt (BA), Larry Satzler (EN), Karen Pence (HE), David Delker (TC), Scott Schlender (GR), Linda Morse (DCE), Gunile DeVault (REG), Lynn Carlin (PROV)
Most everything seems to be going along ok – occasional problems have been corrected.
- iTAC Help Desk gets many questions about permissions; let advisers know about permissions.
- Some cases of “Instructor Consent” removed from Class Schedule but reappearing. Maybe changed in class schedule but not in catalog???
- Advising flag lifted but reapplied. See Mike’s March 18 e-mail: “. . .we have audited our conversion to find that for various reasons, about 400 students did not have an advisor flag set. With so much going on during the next week I would be inclined to not set them since it is possible many of these students were already advised and since no advisor flag was there, the student and advisor may now think the student is set to go for enrollment according to their Enrollment Time. However, we are bound by protocol to set those flags and will do so unless the Task Force communicates as a group to us that we should not do so. I would need to know that by 5pm Wednesday (3/19) if the Task Force does not want them to be set. Otherwise, I will direct the team to set them for that group.”
- “NR” converted to “F” in SIS (and transcript) reverted to “NR” in iSIS. Also “Incomplete” converted to “F” in SIS reverted to “I” in iSIS. Send Mike specific examples.
- Several examples of duplicate counting of transfer hours, problems with UNKWN courses.
- New holds are placed on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Holds are released every ten minutes.
- Let Mike know if there are College holds, and tell him individuals who should have authority to place and remove those holds.
- Robert Auten will place list of holds on website.
- Do not leave instructor blank; list department head if instructor is unknown. Blank converts to “Staff” which is not acceptable.
- To update instructors in F08 Class Schedule, go to “Schedule Class Meeting”.
- S09 Class Schedule is available NOW. Department schedulers can begin their review. No deadlines were announced.
Scholarship Applicants Database Problems
- Some transfer credits have been doubled.
- Only lists transfer hours for most recent transfer school attended.
- Because of wording on scholarship application (“mailing address”), many continuing students supplied local address for permanent address, causing difficulty in identifying eligibility for county-restricted scholarships.
Student Security Roles
- Send security forms to Mike; eventually will transition to Beth Alloway.
- Four student roles have been proposed.
- Student viewer
- Student update
- Graduate milestones
- Working on way to limit student employee access time.
- Gunile distributed a FAQ draft about requisites and permissions. Questions: should it be in a “how to” format? Or a flowchart format? Should proof of enrollment in requisite be required?
- What is the procedure to update or correct errors in requisites? Contact Andy or Dan.
Searching for a Person in Quick Enroll
Mike Perl reports that search in Quick Enroll frequently yields no results. What’s the best way?
- Grades, warning and dismissal – discuss in mid to late April.
- History conversion will occur April through August.
- SIS will be turned off Summer 2009.
- Schedule of trainings was sent by e-mail to Task Force.
- Jennifer will e-mail Student Tips, Adviser Tips, and iSIS Help.
Date and Time for Next Meeting.
Wednesday, April 2 at 10:30 a.m. in Seaton 113