Meeting Notes June 28, 2006
Cochran, Crow, Hightower, Herspring, Jackson, Nielsen, Pence, Pumphrey, Shanklin
Notes from the May 24, 2006 meeting were reviewed and clarified.
- “Bolt-on” modifications will enable some degree of flexibility without re-writing code.
- Brian and Amy will develop the K-State PeopleSoft glossary.
- Demos likely will be in mid or late fall rather than early fall.
- Teams will be reconstituted in October with smaller group sessions.
- Security access by role will be possible.
- Think not only in terms of “what we’ve had” but also “what we want” – to develop better service than current SIS can provide.
- Ease of importing spreadsheets will eliminate the need to “copy and paste” to enter prerequisites.
Crow commented on the valuable assistance provided by the CedarCrestone consultants.
The LASER Project Timeline was published in “InfoTech Tuesday” on June 27. Nielsen says the timeline is firm, although resources will continue to be a challenge, and the timeline for decisions will be short.
Hightower distributed an updated summary of college SIS usage and a summary of data needs by category. Members were asked to review the information carefully and forward suggestions to him.
Crow noted that all OSS decisions have to be revisited for CS. “Instances” are being prepared before system construction begins.
Requests from task force members:
- Allow departmental access to transcripts – the DARS “List of K-State Classes” provides insufficient information.
- Design screens to allow all curriculum codes for a student to be visible on a single “SRDI” (or comparable) screen.