Welcome to the Brazilian Student Association - BRASA
The Brazilian Student Association (BRASA) is dedicated to celebrating and promoting brazilian culture through out our university community as well as to the city of Manhattan/KS. Established at Kansas State University in 2009, our association exists to:
1. Help new K-State members (as well as their family members) coming from Brazil to adjust to life on campus, as well as to life in Manhattan-KS;
2. Help K-State current and future members who speak Portuguese and who have difficulties with the English language;
3. Provide information and support for prospective K-State students, faculties, or staffs, coming from Brazil;
4. Provide information and support for K-State members in Brazilian-related issues;
5. Foster academic, professional, and cultural interactions between K-State and Brazilian institutions;
6. Expose the Brazilian culture to K-State community.
Want to became a member?
Membership is open to Brazilian citizens, people interested in the Brazilian culture, Portuguese speakers in general, people interested in learning the Portuguese language, and any other people interested in joining this association for any other reason. Members should fill out a registration form and pay the dues.
K-State Innovative Education Program of the Year Award:
Mr. Pedro Saldanha, the embassy adviser for the educational sector in the embassy in Washington/DC, visited KSU on Tuesday November 19 to accept the award on behalf of the Brazilian Government for the International Educator of the Year Award. The Office of International Programs recognized the Brazil Science Mobility Program (Ciência sem fronteiras) as the "Innovative Education Program of the Year".
The traditional meal - Feijoada was served on April 2017.
- Black beans
- Pork meat
- White rice
- Sautéed kale
- Farofa (toasted cassava flour)