Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in Molecular Virology and Virus-Host Interactions, Division of Biology, Kansas State University.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our lab in the Division of Biology at Kansas State University as a Postdoctoral Research Associate. The successful candidate will join a research team working on molecular virology and virus-host interactions. The study will combine multiple approaches to study the nature, mechanisms and biological impacts of poxvirus and host gene expression during a viral infection, with a focus on innate immune response-related genes. Website: https://www.ksu.edu/biology/faculty_pages/yang.html. The position includes a competitive salary, health insurance and fringe benefits.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Ph.D in molecular biology, or virology, or other related fields
- Have a track record of publications
- Be self-motivated
- Have solid communication skills
- Be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team
- Have mammalian cell culture and standard molecular and cell biology skills
Candidate with six months experience or strong interest in large data set analysis such as next-generation sequencing data is preferred.
Review of applications will begin December 16, 2013, and continue until the position is filled. For inquiries only, contact Dr. Zhilong Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, application materials should be sent directly to email@example.com in a single PDF file including:
- A current CV
- A statement of research interests and experience (no more than one page is preferred)
- The names and contact information of three professional referees
Kansas State University is located in Manhattan, a beautiful college town with a population about 55,000 in the rolling Flint Hills in Kansas, approximately 2 hours from 3 larger cities (Kansas City, Wichita and Lincoln). Manhattan was most recently ranked as one of the top 5 Best Small Town for Business and Careers by Forbes.
KSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity among its employees. A background check will be required prior to appointment.