2014 September 27th - K-State vs. UTEP (tentative)
Congratulations to all of the bands who participated in the 2013 K-State Band Day! The event was a great success for all involved. See you next year!
|11:00 am||All bands unload buses at parking lots by McCain Auditorium (Arrange for meals before parade)|
|12:00 PM||Line up in parade order|
|1:00 PM||Parade begins in Aggieville|
|2:30||All Bands in Stadium for Rehearsal (Enter through Gate X)|
|3:00||Rehearsal in Stadium|
In the event of inclement weather, BAND DAY and PARADE WILL GO ON!
We appreciate your reading, understanding and compliance to the following guidelines, which are crucial to a successful Band Day!
KSU Band members will be waiting at the end of the parade at the BEACH MUSEUM OF ART. They will have the following for you:
- A stadium seating chart and half-time field position for directors.
- Band Guides will escort you to the Memorial Stadium Parking Lot and ride with you to Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- Tickets will be given to you at the Stadium: Tickets will be waiting for you at GATE X as you enter BSF Stadium (based on the number submitted - 1 chaperone ticket for every 10 students - there will be no extras. Make sure you have a chaperone get a ticket to the bus driver AFTER they take the buses to CICO park).
***EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!***
Please read through all materials carefully – lots of changes this year!
DROP-OFF – Bus(es) will enter on Vattier Street going west. Students will line up in parade order in the lower parking lot. Restrooms are located in McCain Auditorium.
BUS PARKING - After student drop-off:
- Bus(es) will continue down Vattier
- Turn right on Oak Drive
- Cross Lovers Ln and continue north on to Mid-Campus Drive
- Turn left on Claflin Rd
- Turn left on Sunset Ave
- Turn left on Montgomery into the West Memorial Stadium Parking Lot.
ASSEMBLY – Your K-State Marching Band guide will be waiting for you as you depart the bus. They will escort you to your assembly area where you can THEN dismiss the students for a bathroom break etc.
PARADE ROUTE – The parade this year will start at Triangle Park
- Go east on Moro
- Turn right (south) on 11th St
- Right (west) on Poyntz
- Right (north) on 14th up to Anderson. (See attached map)
WALKING DIRECTIONS – This year, the parade ends at Beach Museum at 14th and Anderson Ave. Students will walk along Anderson towards Memorial Stadium. They will rendezvous with their bus(es) at the West Memorial Stadium Lot.
BUS DIRECTIONS TO STADIUM – After the parade, students will meet the buses in the West Memorial Parking lot and please load quickly! (Make sure students are in uniform and ready to go once the buses arrive at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. There is minimal unloading time upon arrival!)
- Buses will move towards the east side of the parking lot to exit
- Turn left on to Denison Ave
- Turn left on Claflin
- Turn right on College Ave
- Turn right on Kimball Ave
- Enter at East side parking Gate 7
AFTER UNLAODING AT STADIUM - Bus(es) will exit the parking lot via Gate 8.
Turn RIGHT on to Kimball Ave.
- Turn Right on Denison Ave
- Turn right on Claflin and proceed West. (You will cross Seth Childs Rd)
- Turn right on Wreath Ave
- Turn left on Robinson Dr. park in the CICO Park swimming pool area
PRE / POST PARADE DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
Step 1: First Band Drop Off for Band Day Parade:
- Buses drop students off at McCain Auditorium
Step 2: Buses move to parade pick up area after McCain drop off:
- Travel to Parade Holding Area. Take Mid Campus Dr north to Claflin. Go left on Claflin, left on Sunset Ave and left on Montgomery Dr. into the Memorial Stadium Parking Lot.
Step 3: After the Parade, Drop students off at Bill Snyder Family Stadium:
- After parade, PICK UP STUDENTS TO TAKE TO BILL SNYDER FAMILY STADIUM. Exit on the east side of the parking lot turning left on Denison Ave. Turn left on Claflin Ave, right on College Ave, right on Kimball Ave. Enter the East Side Stadium parking lot through GATE 7:
Step 4: Buses park at CICO Park during the Game:
- Buses to CICO Park for game parking after student drop-off. Exit through Gate 8 back to Kimball Ave. Turn Right on Denison Ave, right on Claflin, right on Wreath and park in the CICO parking lot.
Step 5: Pick up the students after the Game:
- When you return to the stadium pull up along the curb in front of Vanier on Kimball Ave between Gate 7 & 5 to pick up students. If space is full pull around and enter Gate 7 to pick up students along the curb. Buses in the lot will be directed out Gate 8.
BUSSES MUST ENTER THROUGH GATE 7, (KIMBALL AVE / East side) UNLOAD ALL STUDENTS AND INSTRUMENTS (EXCEPT PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS)
MAKE SURE STUDENTS ARE IN UNIFORM AND READY TO GO ONCE THE BUS(ES) ARRIVE AT K-STATE STADIUM. THERE IS MINIMAL UNLOADING TIME UPON ARRIVAL.
ENTRANCE INTO THE STADIUM:
All band members, directors, chaperones must have a ticket! (1 chaperone ticket will be given for each 15 participating band members).
Please enter stadium at Gate X:
- You will be directed to your seats in the north end zone of the stadium by your band guides.
- Please do not move from your allotted seating area.
- DO NOT bring cases into the stadium! All instruments (except percussion) can be carried into the stadium and stored underneath or beside your chair.
- UMBRELLAS ARE NOT ALLOWED in the Stadium.
- PLEASE KEEP OUT OF ROPED OFF WALKWAYS!
- Please remember to take everything you will need off the buses before they depart for CICO Park.
- NO PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM EXCEPT FOR THE KSU DRUM LINE. Percussionists will be on the field during half-time with their band.
- Lunchtime is your choice; in town, or bring your own sack lunch. Eating before the parade starts is preferable as well has having sack lunches or snacks ready for later in the day. Please allow enough time in your schedule for lunch!! Remember that travel to the stadium with game day traffic might take a while, so plan accordingly so your are in place for rehearsal well before rehearsal time.
- You are allowed to bring in sack lunches and drinks for the later meal. Drinks are limited to commercially sealed bottled water and Gatorade type sports drinks (size - 1 litre or smaller). Can also purchase from the concession stands.
- Glass containers, cans, picnic baskets, large bags ARE NOT allowed.
ALL BANDS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE, AND PERFORM THE FOLLOWING:
- YMCA - arr. Paul Lavender, Hal Leonard Publishing (Features Dancers)
- Boom Boom - arr. Paul Murtha, Hal Leonard Publishing (Features Twirlers)
- Sweet Caroline - arr. Tim Waters, Hal Leonard Publishing (Features Flags)
PLEASE PREPARE YOUR OWN DANCE, FLAG OR TWIRLER ROUTINES.
WE WILL NOT BE TEACHING ROUTINES.
ALL BANDS WILL NEED TO ACQUIRE THE FOLLOWING BY CALLING THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE: (you will receive a password from us to login and retrieve the following music
- God Bless America - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- 1812 Overture - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- Take the optional ending into the cut time.
- We will stay in 4 beats to the bar from the cut time to the end.
- Wildcat Victory - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- Play the introduction and then go through one time.
- Take the second ending.
Note: If you need music for “Wildcat Victory,” "God Bless America", and “1812 Overture,” please contact the KSU Band Office as soon as possible. (785-532-3816) *Please take the time to rehearse the half-time music. We need everyone playing!
Auxiliary half-time feature locations: Twirlers in the South end zone, Flags will on the East side track, Dancers will be on the West side track
Transportation WILL NOT be provided to the stadium or the bus parking area due to traffic from the game.
You may wish to have a car or van to transport your bus drivers to/from CICO Park and the Stadium.