2014 September 27th - K-State vs. UTEP
BAND DAY 2014 is now FULL!! Thanks to all the bands who registered early!!
2014 Band Day Tunes: (Purchase 1-3 - available from Senseney Music. A link and password for 4-6 will be sent to directors by email. Please practice these with your band before the event!)
1. Day Tripper – Lennon/McCartney/arr. Brown (Hal Leonard) (Dancer Feature)
2. Paint it Black – arr. Roland Barrett (Alfred Publishing, Mega Sounds) (Twirler Feature)
3. Sweet Caroline – Diamond/arr. Tim Waters (Hal Leonard) (Flag Feature)
4. God Bless America
5. 1812 Overture
6. Wildcat Victory
Tentative Schedule (No parade due to early kick)
|6:30AM||Arrive at Bill Snyder Family Stadium|
|7:00AM||All Bands in Stadium for Rehearsal (Enter through Gate X)|
|8:00AM||Clear the field and make way into stands|
|10:40AM||Pre-Game for K-State Band|
In the event of inclement weather, BAND DAY and PARADE WILL GO ON!
We appreciate your reading, understanding and compliance to the following guidelines, which are crucial to a successful Band Day!
FOR DIRECTORS AND BUS DRIVERS:
BUS DIRECTIONS TO STADIUM (see map above)– After the parade, students will meet the buses in mall parking lots just south of Sears! (Make sure students are in uniform and ready to go once the buses arrive at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. There is minimal unloading time upon arrival!)
- Exit mall parking lots by turning left onto Tuttle Creek Blvd.
- Continue on Tuttle Creek and turn left onto Kimball Ave.
- Turn left into the east stadium lot using ONLY GATE 7.
AFTER UNLOADING AT STADIUM - Bus(es) will exit the parking lot via Gate 8.
Turn RIGHT on to Kimball Ave.
- Turn Right on Denison Ave
- Turn right on Claflin and proceed West. (You will cross Seth Childs Rd)
- Turn right on Wreath Ave
- Turn left on Robinson Dr. park in the CICO Park swimming pool area
ONCE HALFTIME PERFORMANCE HAS CONCLUDED - (See Map)
At the conclusion of halftime bands should exit the stadium and meet buses where they were dropped off earlier in the day.
- Buses should exit Cico Park by turning right onto Kimball Ave.
- Buses should enter the stadium through GATE 7
- Pick up Bands
- And exit the stadium using GATE 8 and turning right onto Kimball Ave.
ENTRANCE INTO THE STADIUM: (see map above)
All band members, directors, chaperones must have a ticket! (1 chaperone ticket will be given for each 15 participating band members).
Please enter stadium at Gate X:
- You will be directed to your seats in the north end zone of the stadium by your band guides.
- Please do not move from your allotted seating area.
- DO NOT bring cases into the stadium! All instruments (except percussion) can be carried into the stadium and stored underneath or beside your chair.
- UMBRELLAS ARE NOT ALLOWED in the Stadium.
- PLEASE KEEP OUT OF ROPED OFF WALKWAYS!
- Please remember to take everything you will need off the buses before they depart for CICO Park.
- NO PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM EXCEPT FOR THE KSU DRUM LINE. Percussionists will be on the field during half-time with their band.
- Lunchtime is your choice; in town, or bring your own sack lunch. Eating before the parade starts is preferable as well has having sack lunches or snacks ready for later in the day. Please allow enough time in your schedule for lunch!! Remember that travel to the stadium with game day traffic might take a while, so plan accordingly so your are in place for rehearsal well before rehearsal time.
- You are allowed to bring in sack lunches and drinks for the later meal. Drinks are limited to commercially sealed bottled water and Gatorade type sports drinks (size - 1 litre or smaller). Can also purchase from the concession stands.
- Glass containers, cans, picnic baskets, large bags ARE NOT allowed.
ALL BANDS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE, AND PERFORM THE FOLLOWING:
Day Tripper – Lennon/McCartney/arr. Brown (Hal Leonard) (Dancer Feature)
Paint it Black – arr. Roland Barrett (Alfred Publishing, Mega Sounds) (Twirler Feature)
Sweet Caroline – Diamond/arr. Tim Waters (Hal Leonard) (Flag Feature)
- PLEASE PREPARE YOUR OWN DANCE, FLAG OR TWIRLER ROUTINES.
WE WILL NOT BE TEACHING ROUTINES.
ALL BANDS WILL NEED TO ACQUIRE THE FOLLOWING BY CALLING THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE: (you will receive a password from us to login and retrieve the following music
- God Bless America - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- 1812 Overture - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- Take the optional ending into the cut time.
- We will stay in 4 beats to the bar from the cut time to the end.
- Wildcat Victory - FROM THE K-STATE BAND OFFICE
- Play the introduction and then go through one time.
- Take the second ending.
Note: If you need music for “Wildcat Victory,” "God Bless America", and “1812 Overture,” please contact the KSU Band Office as soon as possible. (785-532-3816) *Please take the time to rehearse the half-time music. We need everyone playing!
Auxiliary half-time feature locations: Twirlers in the South end zone, Flags will on the East side track, Dancers will be on the West side track
Transportation WILL NOT be provided to the stadium or the bus parking area due to traffic from the game.
You may wish to have a car or van to transport your bus drivers to/from CICO Park and the Stadium.