- Burrack, F. (in press) The Department Chair: A Resource for Academic Administrators. The Department Chair: A Resource for Academic Administrators.
- Burrack, F., Payne, P., Bazan, D. & Hellman, D. (in press). The Impact of Budget Cutbacks on Music Teaching Positions and District Funding in Three Midwestern States. UPDATE: Applications of Research in Music Education.
Burrack, F. & Payne, P. (2014). Kansas Music Teacher Satisfaction and Issues Increased in the Past Two Years That Contribute to Stress for Music Teachers. Kansas Music Review 77.2 Spring Issue 2013-14. URL: http://kmr.ksmea.org/?issue=201314s§ion=columns&page=advocacy
Councill, K., Brewer, W., Burrack, F. & Juchniewicz, J. (2013). Collegiate Connections: Developing the Next Generation of Music Teachers: Sample Music Education Association Programs that Promote the Profession and Prepare Future Colleagues. Music Educators Journal , 100(1), 45-49.
- Molitor, M., Burrack, F., & Payne, P. (2012, August 8). Sounding the warning: Researchers advocate for importance of music education as schools cut music programs across Kansas. K-State Today. Retrieved August 8, 2012 from http://www.kstate.edu/media/newsreleases/aug12/ musicfunding80812.htmlBurrack, F. (2012). Teaching resource guide: Rest. In Teaching Music through Performance in Band Vol. 9 (ed. Miles, R), GIA Publications: Chicago, IL. 396-403.
- Burrack, F. (2012). Impact of Budget Cuts on Kansas’ School Music Programs. Kansas Music Review 75(2), 15-19.
- Burrack, Frederick. (2012). The Common Core and Music. Kansas Music Review,76(1). URL: http://kmr.ksmea.org/?issue=201213c§ion=articles&page=commoncore
- Burrack, F. & Feyes, A. (2012). Assessment Practices Implemented in Mid-Western United States’ School Music Programs. In Brophy, T & Lehman-Wermser (Eds.) Music Assessment Across Cultures and Continents: The Culture of Shared Practice. Preceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Assessment in Music Education (129-140). GIA Publications: Chicago, IL.
- Meyerdierks, B., Buonviri, N., Burrack, F., & VanWeelden, K. (2012). Developing creative assessment: Effective alternative evaluation for online or on-site music classes without student stress or lowered standards. In Brophy, T & Lehman- Wermser (Eds.) Music Assessment Across Cultures and Continents: The Culture of Shared Practice. Preceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Assessment in Music Education (329-341). GIA Publications: Chicago, IL.
- Burrack, F. (2012) Using Video Conference for Teacher Professional Development and Ensemble Clinics. Music Educators Journal 98(3), 56-58.
- Burrack, F. (2011). Teaching resource guide: Amen!. In Teaching Music through Performance in Band Vol. 8 (ed. Miles, R), GIA Publications: Chicago, IL. 201-209.
- Burrack, F. (2010). Why is assessment necessary? Kansas Music Review. 73(3), 34-35. Burrack, F. (2010). Improvisation in Beginning Bands. The Iowa Bandmaster. 38-39.
- Burrack, F. (2009). Teaching resource guide: Little suite for band. In Teaching Music through Performance in Band (ed. Miles, R), GIA Publications: Chicago, IL. 182-189.
- Burrack, F. (2009) Growing a New Generation of Music Teachers. Music Educators Journal. 96(2), 40–44.
- Burrack, F. (2009). How to make rehearsals more effective. Keynotes Magazine. http://www.keynotesmagazine.com/article/?uid=254
- Burrack. F. & Scheib, J. (2009). The impact of electronic portfolios on music teacher preparation. Academic Intersections, No. 3 http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/collection.php?collectionID=4901.
- Burrack, F. (2008). Using video conference technology to enhance supervision of student teachers. Academic Intersections. No. 2. http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/collection.php?collection=2749
- Burrack, F. & Scheib, J. (2006). Enhancing interaction between university and public school music teachers. Journal of Music Teacher Education. 16(1), 32-40.
- Burrack, F. & Maltas, C. (2006) Engaging elementary children with opera. Update, Application of Research in Music Education, 25(1), 82-89,
- Burrack, F. (2006) Collaboration within the Arts: a project involving a band literature course and studio artists. Journal of Music Teacher Education, 15(2), 43-58.
- Burrack, F. & McKenzie, T. (2005). Enhanced student learning through cross- disciplinary instruction. Music Educator’s Journal. 91 (5), 45-50.
- Burrack, F. (2005). Introducing score study to your band. Teaching Music. 12(4), 62-67.
- Burrack, F. (2004). Engaging music students and teachers. Ball State Alumnus Magazine. 61(5).
- Reese, S., Repp, R., Meltzer, J., & Burrack, F. (2002). The design and evaluation of a multimedia web site for on-line professional development. Journal of Technology in Music Learning. 1(2), 22-35.
- Burrack, F. (2002). Elementary instrumental survey. IBA Magazine. 62(3), 26-30. Burrack, F. (2002). Enhanced assessment in instrumental programs. Music Educator’s Journal, 88(6), 27-32.
- Burrack, F. (1994). Performance standards for music: Grades K-12: Strategies andbenchmarks for assessing progress toward the national standards. (ed. Lehman, P.) Reston, VA.: Music Educators National Conference. Contributor.
TECHNICAL REPORTS PUBLISHED
- Burrack, F. (2008). Program report for Kansas State University Bachelor of Music Education Degree, for accreditation by the Kansas Department of Education. Peer-reviewed