Social Science Enrollment Info
Please read the following information to help you get ready for meeting with us and subsequently enrolling.
The Advisor Information Page tells you who & where your Social Science advisor is and how to make an appointment with that person. Here are a few key points that apply particularly to advising during the pre-enrollment cycle.
- It is crucial that you don't miss your appointment. With the large number of students that we advise during this time, we just can't afford to see you until after pre-enrollment if you miss the appointment without calling to cancel.
- We start making appointments on Friday for the following week. You can call for an appointment anytime, but Friday morning (early!) is when you have the best chance of finding an open slot that works for you.
- We allot thirty minutes for each appointment. Please come prepared by having thought about your plans. Identify some choices in the Course Schedule. Jot down any questions that cross your mind. These steps help us accomplish more when we talk.
- K-State requires that you see your advisor. You are blocked from enrolling until an electronic flag has been removed by that advisor. That means it is important that you meet with us
well ahead of time to avoid traffic jams. Some related points...
- We will not remove flags in response to e-mail or phone calls.
- You may come to EH 112 or 121 and sign a waiver if you choose not to see your advisor. However, we strongly suggest that you meet with your advisor to guide you to the appropriate classes for graduation. If you sign a waiver and later decide you have questions after all, we'll be happy to talk with you. The waiver does not prohibit you from coming in.
- Once your flag is removed, you enroll by seniority (as determined by your cumulative
credit hours). The schedule showing when you enroll can be viewed on the web at: http://courses.ksu.edu/
You cannot enroll before that date (not even over iSIS) but you may enroll any time after that date.
- If you are enrolling over iSIS and will enroll in courses for which "Instructor Permission" is required, remember that the instructor needs to give you electronic permission in iSIS. Once permission is granted, you still need to add the course.
If you have more questions about the process, just make an appointment. We will be happy to walk you through it. To conclude, here are some additional links that might help you get ready for your enrollment date. Best of luck. We look forward to talking with you soon.