Humanities Enrollment Information
Please read the following information to help you get ready for meeting with me and subsequently enrolling.
Angelia Perry advises all Humanities Interdisciplinary majors. Call 532-5480 or stop by Eisenhower 121 to make an appointment. Here are a few key points that apply during the pre-enrollment cycle.
- It is crucial that you not miss your appointment. Given the large number of students I advise during this time, I will be unable to meet with you until after pre-enrollment if you miss the appointment without calling to cancel.
- I start making appointments on Friday for the following week. You can call for an appointment anytime, but Friday morning (early!) is when you have the best chance of finding an open slot that works for you.
- I allot thirty minutes for each appointment. Please come prepared. If you are still needing to finalize your curriculum, you should speak to the faculty members to whom I have referred you. Do as much of the Curriculum Plan as possible before we talk about classes. Identify some potential choices in the Course Schedule. Jot down any questions that cross your mind. These steps will help us accomplish more when we talk.
- K-State requires that you see an advisor. You are blocked from enrolling until an electronic flag has been removed by your advisor. That means it is important that you meet with me
ahead of time. Don't assume I'll be available on the day you enroll. Some related
- I will not remove flags in response to e-mail or phone calls.
- If you feel you can make appropriate decisions about your class schedule for, come to EH 121 and sign a waiver stating that you take responsibility for your decisions. You will then be clear to enroll without seeing me. If you sign a waiver but then decide you have questions after all, I'll be happy to talk with you. The waiver does not prohibit you from coming in.
Once your flag is removed, you enroll by seniority (as determined by your cumulative credit hours). You cannot enroll before your date, but you can enroll any time after that date. Here are some additional points that you may need to know.
- Prior to your advising appointment, review the Enrollment Information in your K-State
Online Advising Course.
Log into your K-State Online account
Enter the Academic Advising course by clicking on "View"
Click on "Modules" in the upper-left corner
Click on "Enrollment Information"
Click on "Frequently Asked Questions about Enrollment"
Print "Pre-enrollment Form for Humanities"
Complete form and bring to your appointment
- If you are enrolling over iSIS and will enroll in courses for which "Instructor Permission" is required, remember that the instructor needs to give you electronic permission in iSIS.
If you have more questions about the process, just make an appointment. I'll be happy to walk you through it. To conclude, here are some additional links that might help you get ready for your enrollment date. I look forward to talking with you soon.