Information on the progress on an Alternative Service plan will be available here as the committee proceeds with planning.
- Process for casting a vote and date for election are yet to be determined.
Fall Town Hall Meetings with President Schulz: Presentation of Final Plan of USS
Monday, November 4, 2013 9:00-10:00am Alumni Center Banquet Room (Tentative)
Monday, November 4, 2013 3:30-4:30pm Alumni Center Banquet Room (Tentative)
Friday, November 15, 2013 9:00-10:00am Alumni Center Banquet Room (Tentative)
Friday, November 15, 2013 10:00-11:00am Alumni Center Banquet Room (Tentative)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ELECTION FOR A VOTE
- August 2013---There will be an official announcement providing at least 90 days notice of the date, time and place of the election; to vote “yes” or “no” for University Support Staff (USS). A simple majority will be needed for approval.
DEVELOPMENT OF USS HANDBOOK PHASE
- May-September 2013---ASC will be compiling an employment handbook for USS; rules, regulations, and guidelines for governance.
- A final draft of the USS Employee Handbook will be available for review, on this website, prior to the vote.
PLAN REVISION PHASE
- May-July 2013---The white papers will be revised based on feedback and input from the discussion groups with classified employees.
- August 2013---Administration will review the revised white papers.
FEEDBACK AND INPUT PHASE
- The months of April-May 2013---ASC will be holding multiple group discussions for classified employees to attend and have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and input to the committee about the drafted white papers. Registration for the group discussion will be available through your HRIS self-service portal with the course description listed as ASC Group Discussions for USS and the course number WHR103: https://www.as.ksu.edu/psp/HRIS beginning March 1, 2013.
- January 1, 2013 through March 31, 2013---Work on the plan draft known as white papers in collaboration with Administration for the employment provisions allowable by law to be changed; Appeals Process, Performance Review, Compensation & Pay Plan, and Layoffs & Furloughs.
- Trip to University of Kansas, December 7, 2012
- ASC forms sub-committees to begin development of certain aspects of classified employment that can be addressed as defined by Statue 76-715a---December 12, 2012.
Janel Harder, Austin Daugherty, Parrish Quick
Marlene Walker, Hanna Manning, Kerry Jennings
Compensation & Pay Plan
Sam Reyer, Lois Schreiner, Doug Kraemer, Roger McBride
Layoffs & Furloughs
Terri Wyrick, Paula Connors, John Wolf, Amy Schmitz
Carrie Fink, Barb Nagel, Jennyfer Owensby