FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- Do I have to be a K-State student to practice?
- No. We accept any practitioner, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, or occupation.
- Are there beginner classes / Do I have to wait to join?
- No. We accept new people at any time. Beginners work with more advanced students during the same class as
everyone else. Each person practices as their own skill level and abilities allows.
- How do I join class?
- Joining KSU Aikido / Tatsumaki Aikikai
- Do I need a Uniform (Gi)?
- We do not require a Gi to start practicing until you are sure you want one. A standard white Gi (with a white belt) is fine if you already have
your own from a previous martial art. Otherwise you should wear loose-fitting clothing that at minimum covers your knees and preferrably covers elbows.
sweats (or BDU pants) and a t-shirt are fine. If there are any buckles that can catch and injure someone, they should be taped.