For Students: Your Responsibilities
Welcome to college! Your high school counselor may have mapped out what you needed to do in order to get here... but now, you're in charge. Scared? Don't be! Well, be a little nervous. You are now responsible for your own success!
- Participate in pre-enrollment and orientation: O&E Registration Dates Registration is for admitted students, only. Apply now!
- Prepare in advance for academic advising meetings. Print out this CHECKLIST and mark off the items as you complete them. Write down any questions you have for your advisor and bring it to your appointment! Be sure to tell your advisor if you have any special needs or require any learning accommodations.
- Work out a class schedule, each semester, before your advising appointment. Have a few back-ups in mind in case your first choice is closed.
- Check out the Undergraduate Catalog to familiarize yourself with K-State policies, procedures, and regulations. For example, what to do if you want to change majors, drop or add a class, find yourself on academic warning, need an academic fresh start, financial aid, etc.
- ARRIVE ON TIME to your advising appointments!
- Get to know your advisor. The better you know your advisor, the more comfortable you'll feel to discuss your goals or any academic or personal issues that can (and will!) arise.
Want more tips for ULTIMATE SUCCESS? Check out the Advising Road Map
Be kind. Be responsible. Be informed. Philosophy of Student Conduct