History of Our House
A group of women attending Kansas State University organized a local sorority called Alpha Mu in April 1914. The organizers of the group were members of J.U.G. (Just Us Girls), a club formed several years earlier. Representative to ADPi, Abigail Davis, came to inspect the women of Alpha Mu and was very impressed by them. Thus Alpha Mu was installed Saturday, October 30, 1915, as the Alpha Eta Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. At this time, there were 17 active members and 5 pledges.
After living in several different locations, the women finally settled into a newly built English style house in 1929. In September of 1961 Alpha Eta members broke ground for the new addition to the house. The four story new addition included a new recreation room, improved laundry facilities on the lower level, an ample new dining room with built-in buffet and an enlarged and remodeled kitchen on the main floor. Five new study rooms, a new bathroom on second floor and two new heated dormitories were also additions. The house at 518 Sunset is still occupied by our sorority today, with the addition of an annex in 1975. The house has recently had renovations to the bathrooms, formal living room, and formal library in the summer of 2010.