Skip to the content

International students

International admission requirements

How to apply

The first step toward getting admitted to K-State is filling out your application.

To fill out the application, you will need:

An international address.

The names and locations of any schools you have attended inside or outside the U.S.

English translations of secondary and post-secondary records.

A non-refundable payment of $80.

No request for admission will be processed until the application fee is received in the Office of Admissions or your credit card payment is verified.

The deadlines for application are:

Fall semester: June 1

Spring semester: October 1

Summer semester: March 1

Students who currently reside in the U.S. may be eligible to apply after these deadlines.

Please contact the Office of Admissions for additional information.

Selection criteria

In most cases, international applicants seeking admission to K-State must meet the same academic standards for admission as American students. There are wide variations, however, between educational systems throughout the world that make exact comparisons of educational standards difficult. You will be admitted on the basis of your prior academic work and certification of adequate financial resources.

English language proficiency documentation

You do not have to show proof of English proficiency to be admitted to K-State. However, you must show proof of English proficiency before enrolling in academic classes. You can prove English proficiency by taking K-State’s English Proficiency Test (EPT) upon arrival. Students who do not want to take the EPT still must show English proficiency before enrolling in academic classes.

Admission to K-State’s architecture, interior architecture and product design, landscape architecture, wildlife and outdoor enterprise management, and interior design programs is selective and requires you to prove English proficiency before being admitted. All admission materials, including proof of English proficiency, must be received prior to February 1 in the year of your intended entry term for these programs.

Find out more about the English proficiency policy for undergraduate admission

Learn about admission to the College of Architecture, Planning, and Design

Learn about the interior design program in the College of Human Ecology

Transfer credit from other countries

Transfer credit may be awarded for university-level studies completed abroad, based on the official records and certificates you submit with your application. Credit for previous academic work completed outside the U.S. is evaluated on an individual basis.

When you are accepted for admission, advanced credit is awarded on the basis of post-secondary records submitted. If advanced credit is not granted, credit may be earned by validation for comparable courses through departmental examination, successful completion of higher level courses, or acceptable recommendations.

The Office of Admissions determines overall course transferability, but your individual college determines how your transfer credit is applied toward your degree. Upon arrival at K-State, you will visit with your academic advisor or dean’s office to discuss specific course transferability and how credit applies toward your K-State degree. Please be aware that course transferability policies vary by college.

Syllabi, course descriptions, and test results may be required to facilitate the evaluation. You should bring these documents with you. Evaluation may be delayed until after you enroll. Final determination of the amount of academic credit will not be made until after you are admitted to the university.

We strongly recommend that you submit an academic evaluation report from a credential service. Applications can be processed more quickly when you provide a credential evaluation. The service used must be a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).

If you do not use a credential evaluation service, you must provide translated copies of your entire secondary and post-secondary schools records from your home country. If you have attended a college or university in the United States, transcripts from these colleges also must be sent directly from each registrar’s office to the K-State Office of Admissions. All documents submitted become the property of the university and cannot be returned.

View a list of current NACES members

Financial documentation

K-State requires an affidavit of support for each year of study here. You must have the form signed by your sponsor, and it must be accompanied by proper documentation as noted on the affidavit form. Financial documentation must be dated from within one year of your intended enrollment at K-State.

Get the form

Health insurance

K-State requires that all international students be covered by health insurance. We also strongly recommend your dependents be covered as well. If insurance is not supplied by a sponsor or agency, you can purchase it upon arrival. Health insurance should be maintained during your entire stay at K-State.

Get information about health insurance

Contact us

For more information about international student admissions, please contact the Office of Admissions.


[an error occurred while processing this directive]