All the essentials for orientation
Everything you need to start school, packed into one day
Come to the Union at 8 a.m. to start your day.
Staying the night
You can spend the night in a residence hall. Online reservations are encouraged.
- Go to Moore Hall when you get to Manhattan
- Pay by cash, check Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Do not send payment in advance. You will pay when you check in to Moore Hall*
- All bedding and towels will be provided
- Breakfast and dinner are available in the dining center for an additional charge
- Reserve a room for orientation.
*Parents and Guests staying in the residence Halls while their student is participating in Wildcat Warm-up will need to pay the per person daily rate. Students and guests not participating in Wildcat Warm-up will also need to pay the per person daily rate
What you should bring
- Academic records for advising: ACT/SAT scores and high school and college courses and grades.
- Photo ID for proof of identity to pick up your student ID.
- Financial aid information: bring your award letter and any material you've received in the mail. We'll be glad to answer questions.
- Comfortable shoes for walking and touring campus.
- Casual clothing, both for summer heat and well air-conditioned buildings
- An alarm clock if you're staying overnight.
- An umbrella, just in case.
Meningitis vaccine policy
If you are planning to live in the residence halls, you are required to have the vaccination for meningitis or sign a waiver. Lafene Student Health Center staff will be available to provide the vaccination at your orientation.
- All new K-State students are required to take the online math placement exam before attending orientation and enrollment. You'll need your eID and password to log in to the website. Take the online math placement exam.
- If you plan to study a foreign language, Spanish placement tests will be given during the afternoon to decide the right level of study for you.
- There is no charge for placement tests.
Frequently asked questions
What if I can't make a June session?
It's best if you can enroll during June orientation. But if you can't make it in June, you may enroll in August. Information will be sent later. New students who have not enrolled in June or August must get special permission from their academic dean.
Will I have to pay tuition and fees?
You will not pay your tuition and fees when you enroll for your fall semester classes during our June orientation program. Tuition bills will be sent to students at their K-State e-mail address in mid-July. A $18 fee will be added to your tuition bill to cover the cost of your student ID card.
What if I don't have a financial aid award letter?
You should have received an award letter if you applied for federal assistance by completing your FAFSA by March 1. If you have not yet received your letter, contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420 or toll free at 1-877-817-2287 to check on the status of your financial aid application.
Do I attend if I'm going to K-State Salina?
The College of Technology and Aviation has a separate orientation program on the Salina campus. Watch your mail for information about dates and time, or call 1-800-248-5782 (toll free) or 785-826-2640.